This Bacon Cheeseburger Skillet Supper is not only a delicious one pot meal, but it is also a low-carb supper anyone will love.
I absolutely adore everything about this recipe. It only dirties one pan, so you don’t have a lot of work cleaning up. It is also very quick to make, and can be served any night of the week.
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
And can I just mention how delicious this supper is? I mean really. I think that even if you have people who normally don’t like cauliflower, they’ll enjoy it in here. The little florets almost seem like pasta, so it’s a good way to sneak in the vegetables.
Did You Make This Recipe? I would love for you to rate it in the recipe card, and I’d love to hear your thoughts!
You can also make this with turkey or beef bacon. If you do, add a little butter or duck fat to cook it in, as turkey & beef bacon are very lean.
Bacon Cheeseburger Skillet Supper
- 6 slices bacon, thick cut, uncured cut into 1/2 inch pieces *SEE NOTE
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 cup cauliflower florets, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- To begin, cook the onion and bacon together in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook these until the bacon is crispy and the onions are golden and slightly caramelized.
- Using a slotted spoon, scoop all of the bacon and onions to a plate that is lined with paper towel. Set that aside for now.
- Leave about 2 tablespoons of the bacon drippings in the pan, remove any excess.
- Add in the ground beef. onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook these over medium heat until the beef is browned. Break of the meat with your utensil as it cooks.
- Once the beef is browned, add in the beef broth and cauliflower florets. Cover and cook over medium low heat until the cauliflower is cooked through. This will take about 7-8 minutes. To check it, simply stick a large floret with a fork to see if it is tender.
- Once the cauliflower is cooked, simmer uncovered until the liquid in the skillet evaporates.
- Pour in the heavy cream and give it a stir.
- Stir in the bacon & onion. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top and cover the skillet again, just long enough for the cheese to melt.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.
Note: I no longer eat pork, however I am leaving recipes like this one up for those who enjoy it. Many pork recipes can be easily converted to turkey or chicken recipes, with little or even no other changes. Recipes with bacon or sausage can use alternatives like beef or turkey bacon. Article: Why I Quit Eating Pork
4 thoughts on “Bacon Cheeseburger Skillet Supper | Keto – Low-Carb”
Can this be frozen?
I don’t think this would freeze well.
Wonderful but you left out where to add the bacon and onion mix. I added ontop of the cheese!
This was delicious. I made it with ground venison because that’s what I had. I will definitely be making this again.