Flavorful jalapeno peppers, stuffed with seasoned meat, wrapped in bacon, grilled and glazed with maple. You will seriously not be able to stop eating these!
It all starts with some seasoned ground beef.
Then you halve and de-seed a bunch of jalapeno peppers.
The peppers are then stuffed with the seasoned ground beef, wrapped in bacon and secured with a wooden pick.
And then it is time to fire up the grill.
In the last few minutes on the grill, you brush these little bundles with some maple syrup for good measure. HEAVEN.
I made these with jalapeno peppers that I grew in my garden. Let me tell you…that next year I will be growing even more peppers than I did this year, just so I can make more of these. A whole lot more!
Psst…. you might also like to know that these poppers are also low-carb and paleo friendly! Now you really have no excuse not to make these!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 c finely diced onion, sweet onion is preferred
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp roasted coriander
- pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 14-15 jalapeno peppers
- 14-15 slices bacon, cut in half
- 1 Tb maple syrup
- also needed: wooden toothpicks
- To begin, combine the ground beef, onion, cumin, garlic powder, sea salt, black pepper, roasted coriander and cayenne. Mix these together and set aside for now.
- Cut the tops off of the jalapeno peppers, then slice each pepper in half the long way. Remove the pith and seeds from the peppers.
- Fill each pepper with a rounded tablespoon or so of the meat mixture.
- Wrap the pepper with a half bacon slice and secure it with a wooden pick. Repeat this process with all of the peppers.
- Grill the peppers over fairly high heat for 20-25 minutes or until the poppers are cooked through and browned.
- In the last couple minutes of grilling, brush the poppers with maple syrup.
Nutrition InformationYield 7
Amount Per Serving Calories 329 Total Fat 20g Saturated Fat 7g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 11g Cholesterol 82mg Sodium 563mg Carbohydrates 9g Fiber 2g Sugar 6g Protein 27g
This recipe was shared in Meal Plan Monday.