These paleo Banana Bread Pancakes with cinnamon and vanilla are absolutely irresistible!
I love these pancakes, because unlike many paleo (grain-free) pancake recipes out there, these are light and fluffy. The cinnamon and vanilla work together with the almond flour to create a fantastic flavor and texture in these pancakes.
To Make these Banana Bread Pancakes you will need:
- almond flour
- baking powder
- coconut oil (or other oil for cooking)
- food processor
- mixing bowl
- electric whisk or mixer
- non-stick skillet or griddle
- baking sheet
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
Many pancake recipes that use bananas, have you mash them with a potato masher. The issue with that, is that it is almost impossible to get all of the chunks smoothed out.
To fix this problem, I mix most of the ingredients together – the bananas in particular – in a food processor.
And the key to making the pancakes fluffy? Beating the egg whites until they are stiff and folding them in with the rest of the ingredients. You add air to the batter and just like magic, the pancakes are airy! See how that happens?
I cook these pancakes in a safe, non-stick skillet or griddle with some coconut oil. You can use ghee as well.
These banana bread pancakes are absolutely delicious, and you could almost find yourself thinking these aren’t paleo.
I love to double this recipe when I make the pancakes, because they freeze well. To freeze the pancakes, I sent them out on a baking sheet in a single layer to cool completely. Place the cooled pancakes in an airtight, freezer container and freeze.
I find that the best way to reheat pancakes is not in a microwave. Microwaved pancakes get an unpleasant, mushy texture – whether they are paleo or traditional.
I reheat my pancakes in a toaster oven. I simply bake or toast them for just a few minutes, until they are nice and hot.
Make some of these for your family this week! You might want to serve these with some Homemade Breakfast Sausage. Yum!
Did You Make This Recipe? I would love for you to rate it in the recipe card, and I’d love to hear your thoughts!
Paleo Banana Bread Pancakes
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 4 room temperature eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 c almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- To begin, turn your oven on the warm setting, and place a baking sheet in there. This is to keep your coked pancakes warm as you cook all of them.
- Separate your eggs. Place the whites in your mixing bowl.
- Place the yolks in your food processor, along with the bananas, almond flour, cinnamon, baking powder and vanilla.
- Pulse the food processor until the bananas are smooth. Use a spatula to scrape the inside of the food processor to make sure that all of the ingredients are combined and smooth. Set this aside for now.
- Using an electric whisk or mixer, whisk the eggs until stiff peaks form.
- Add the banana mixture to the egg whites and gently fold them until they are just combined.
- Heat the coconut oil in a non-stick skillet or on a griddle, over medium heat.
- Spoon the batter onto the skillet by 1/8 cups. Cook until the pancakes are golden on both sides. They will take about 2 1/2 minutes on each side, depending upon how hot your skillet is.
- As you cook the pancakes, place them in the warm oven and repeat until all of the batter has been used.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.