Beef and Broccoli Casserole with rich, creamy curry and coconut milk has a lovely, comforting flavor.
This dish is great both as a breakfast or brunch recipe, but also does well as a supper entree. It is a wonderfully satisfying meal, no matter what time of day you choose to enjoy it.
The toasted pecans on top give it a lovely texture. You could also use walnuts or pine nuts if you so desired.
To make Beef and Broccoli Casserole, you will need:
- broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
- coconut oil
- red onion
- ground beef
- yellow curry powder
- ground cumin
- dried oregano
- smoked paprika
- sea salt
- frozen peas
- full fat coconut milk
- chicken broth
- chopped toasted pecans
- saucepan with vegetable steamer
- mixing bowl
- square baking pan
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
To begin, you’ll preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
The broccoli will be lightly steamed while you brown your ground beef and onion in a skillet.
The ground beef is then seasoned and your veggies are mixed in. These are then transferred to a baking dish.
A simple egg mixture is poured over the top and it is all baked together before being topped with toasted pecans.
This recipe is well-rounded in flavor and texture and will become a quick favorite.
If you like this, you might also like my Homemade Grain Free Pancake Mix.
Did you make and enjoy this recipe from Cosmopolitan Cornbread? Please rate it below and leave a comment to share your thoughts!
- 3 c broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
- 1 Tb coconut oil
- 1/2 c red onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (or grated for stronger garlic flavor)
- 1 1/2 tsp yellow curry powder
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 c frozen peas (can omit for paleo or keto)
- 1 c (canned) full fat coconut milk
- 1 c chicken broth
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c chopped pecans, toasted
- To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place your broccoli in a vegetable steam basket, and place it in a pot with just enough water to cover the bottom.
- Cover and turn the heat on medium. Simmer the water long enough to steam the broccoli until it is almost tender and is bright green in color.
- Transfer it to another dish to stop the cooking process, and set it aside for now. (Note: My rice cooker has a vegetable steamer basket and comes in handy for steaming vegetables.)
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet and add the onion. Saute the onion until it is just tender.
- Add in the ground beef and cook until it is browned, breaking up the pieces with your utensil.
- Add in the garlic and cook for just a minute longer.
- Stir in the curry powder, cumin, oregano, smoked paprika and salt. Remove it form the heat.
- Stir in the peas and broccoli.
- Spread the beef mixture in a greased (I use coconut oil) baking dish that is 8x8" square or equivalent in size.
- In a bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, the chicken broth and the eggs.
- Pour the egg mixture all over the beef and vegetables.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until the eggs are set in the center.
- Top with the toasted pecans.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 630Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 195mgSodium: 602mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 7gSugar: 5gProtein: 42g
Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and estimated by a service called Nutritionix. That is a web-based nutritional calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. If the nutritional information is vital to you please verify it using your favorite trusted source.