Beef and Broccoli Casserole with rich, creamy curry and coconut milk has a lovely, comforting flavor.
This dish is great both as a breakfast or brunch recipe, but also does well as a supper entree. It is a wonderfully satisfying meal, no matter what time of day you choose to enjoy it.
The toasted pecans on top give it a lovely texture. You could also use walnuts or pine nuts if you so desired.
To make Beef and Broccoli Casserole, you will need:
- broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
- coconut oil
- red onion
- ground beef
- yellow curry powder
- ground cumin
- dried oregano
- smoked paprika
- sea salt
- frozen peas
- full fat coconut milk
- chicken broth
- chopped toasted pecans
- saucepan with vegetable steamer
- mixing bowl
- square baking pan
To begin, you’ll preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
The broccoli will be lightly steamed while you brown your ground beef and onion in a skillet.
The ground beef is then seasoned and your veggies are mixed in. These are then transferred to a baking dish.
A simple egg mixture is poured over the top and it is all baked together before being topped with toasted pecans.
This recipe is well-rounded in flavor and texture and will become a quick favorite.
If you like this, you might also like my Homemade Grain Free Pancake Mix.
Did You Make This Recipe? I would love for you to rate it in the recipe card! I would love to hear your thoughts!
Beef and Broccoli Casserole
- 3 c broccoli florets, fresh or frozen
- 1 Tb coconut oil
- 1/2 c red onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (or grated for stronger garlic flavor)
- 1 1/2 tsp yellow curry powder
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 c frozen peas, can omit for paleo or keto
- 1 c canned full fat coconut milk
- 1 c chicken broth
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c chopped pecans, toasted
- To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place your broccoli in a vegetable steam basket, and place it in a pot with just enough water to cover the bottom.
- Cover and turn the heat on medium. Simmer the water long enough to steam the broccoli until it is almost tender and is bright green in color.
- Transfer it to another dish to stop the cooking process, and set it aside for now. (Note: My rice cooker has a vegetable steamer basket and comes in handy for steaming vegetables.)
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet and add the onion. Saute the onion until it is just tender.
- Add in the ground beef and cook until it is browned, breaking up the pieces with your utensil.
- Add in the garlic and cook for just a minute longer.
- Stir in the curry powder, cumin, oregano, smoked paprika and salt. Remove it form the heat.
- Stir in the peas and broccoli.
- Spread the beef mixture in a greased (I use coconut oil) baking dish that is 8x8" square or equivalent in size.
- In a bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, the chicken broth and the eggs.
- Pour the egg mixture all over the beef and vegetables.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until the eggs are set in the center.
- Top with the toasted pecans.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.