Beef & Brew Vegetable Stew – a nice, chunky stew that is full of flavor and sure to please.
There is just nothing like a rich stew on a cool night. Don’t be intimidated by this recipe if you aren’t a beer drinker. Sorry folks, I can’t handle it! You can not taste beer in this stew, but it helps create a delicious broth. I promise you will love this!
The hot paprika in this recipe gives the stew a nice kick. If you are concerned about spice however, feel free to substitute regular paprika instead.
Make this stew for your family tonight!
Beef & Brew Vegetable Stew
- 2 lb cubed beef stew meat
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1 tsp black pepper, divided
- 3 Tb unsalted butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 15 oz diced tomatoes
- 2 Tb Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp hot paprika
- 32 oz beef broth, or beef stock
- 12 oz lager style beer
- 5 parsnips, cleaned & roughly chopped
- 4 carrots, cleaned & roughly chopped
- 2 cups frozen green beans, or fresh if they are in season, trimmed and halved
- To begin, sprinkle the stew meat with 1/2 teaspoon each of the salt & black pepper.
- In a Dutch oven or other large soup pot, melt the butter over medium high heat. Add the beef and cook until it is browned.
- Remove the beef to a dish for the time being.
- In the Dutch oven, saute the diced onion and garlic in the butter & drippings over medium heat until tender.
- Add in the browned beef, diced tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, hot paprika, beef broth and beer, as well as the remaining 1/2 teaspoon each of salt & black pepper. Stir together.
- Bring the stew to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for 1 1/2 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Add in the carrots, parsnips and green beans and continue to cook until they are tender.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.