Beef & Brew Vegetable Stew – a nice, chunky stew that is full of flavor and sure to please.
There is just nothing like a rich stew on a cool night. Don’t be intimidated by this recipe if you aren’t a beer drinker. Sorry folks, I can’t handle it! You can not taste beer in this stew, but it helps create a delicious broth. I promise you will love this!
The hot paprika in this recipe gives the stew a nice kick. If you are concerned about spice however, feel free to substitute regular paprika instead.
Make this stew for your family tonight!
- 2 lb cubed beef stew meat
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1 tsp black pepper, divided
- 3 Tb unsalted butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 can (15 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 2 Tb Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp hot paprika
- 1 carton (32 oz) beef broth or beef stock
- 1 bottle/can (12 oz.) lager style beer
- 5 parsnips, cleaned & roughly chopped
- 4 carrots, cleaned & roughly chopped
- 2 cups frozen green beans (or fresh if they are in season, trimmed and halved)