These fluffy, gluten-free breakfast biscuits are the favorites of the household. Even my husband, who doesn’t care about eating grain or gluten-free – can’t stop eating them!
Any time I make these biscuits, I have to know that about half of them will probably vanish while they are still warm. My husband absolutely loves them and will grab one from the baking sheet before they even have the chance to cool.
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
To Make these Gluten-Free Drop Biscuits you will need:
- almond flour
- tapioca flour
- coconut flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- fine sea salt
- unsalted grass-fed butter (or ghee)
- coconut milk
- lemon juice
- mixing bowls
- sifter or sieve
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
- muffin scoop
Watch the tutorial of this recipe:
To begin, you’ll preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
In your mixing bowl, sift almond flour, coconut flour and tapioca flour, along with baking powder, baking soda and sea salt together.
Add in some cold butter pieces and use a pastry blender to cut the butter in until it is crumbly. There should be no pieces larger than a pea.
In a small bowl, whisk a couple eggs. Add some coconut milk and lemon juice and stir them together.
Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and gently stir until the ingredients are combined. Coconut flour is extremely absorbent, so at first this may seem more like a batter than a dough. Let it rest for 5 minutes to thicken up.
The dough may be a little sticky. If you have any issues with the dough sticking to the scoop, sprinkle a little tapioca flour into the scoop in between scooping the biscuits.
Bake the gluten-free biscuits for 12-14 minutes, or until the biscuits are just lightly golden on top. Transfer them to a rack to cool.
FAQ: I am often asked if this recipe can be made with other flours, like all almond flour. The short answer: NO
While there are many other recipes out there for alternate flours, this particular recipe will not turn out the same if you do not use the flours indicated. If you change the flours, you will not have the same results.
Looking for a traditional biscuit recipe? Check out my Homemade Biscuits from Scratch (With Video Tutorial)
Did You Make This Recipe? I would love for you to rate it in the recipe card, and I’d love to hear your thoughts!
The Best Gluten-Free Biscuits
- 1 c fine almond flour
- 2/3 c tapioca flour
- 1/2 c coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 5 Tb cold, unsalted grass-fed butter, cut into pieces (or cold ghee)
- 1/2 c coconut milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- To begin, preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In your mixing bowl, sift the flours, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt together.
- Add in the cold butter pieces and use a pastry blender to cut the butter in until it is crumbly. There should be no pieces larger than a pea.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs.
- Add the coconut milk and lemon juice and stir them together.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and gently stir until the ingredients are combined. Let the batter rest for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Using a muffin scoop, scoop the batter onto a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper. Place the biscuits about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until the biscuits are just lightly golden on top.
- Transfer the biscuits to a rack to cool.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.