These homemade biscuits are a staple in our household. You’ll soon find that they are a must-have for your family table as well.
I call these the “Winning” biscuits. Because for 18 years, I had tried various biscuit recipes, never finding THE recipe that would work. They always came out hard, dense, floury-tasting, and just plain icky! The best biscuits that were made in this household, were out of a bag from the freezer section of the store.
Sad, I know.
But I kept searching, and finally decided to play around and make some alterations, and AT LAST! Perseverance paid off.
In our house, we finally had a winner! These biscuits are crunchy on the outside, and soft on the inside, and make a regular appearance around here. And best of all, no special trips to the dairy section for buttermilk.
Watch how to make these Homemade Biscuits in this Video Tutorial:
Shop this Post:
Did You Make This Recipe? I would love for you to rate it in the recipe card! I would love to hear your thoughts!
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tb sugar
- 1/3 c cold butter
- 3/4 c plus 2-3 Tb whole milk
- To begin, preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Cut the butter into pieces, and drop into the flour mixture. With a pastry blender, fork or knives, cut the butter into the mixture until all of the butter pieces are smaller than a pea.
- Stir in 3/4 c of the milk, and add 2-3 Tb more as needed to just mix together the dough.
- On a floured surface, pat out the dough mixture to a smooth flat shape, about 3/4 inch thick. With a biscuit cutter or glass, cut biscuits, placing them on a baking stone/baking sheet. Form the scraps together and re-cut biscuits.
- Take the final scraps and form them into a biscuit by hand. This usually makes around 10 biscuits, depending on how you pat out the dough.
- Bake for about 10-13 minutes, or until just golden on top.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 161Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 480mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 3g
Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and estimated by a service called Nutritionix. That is a web-based nutritional calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. If the nutritional information is vital to you please verify it using your favorite trusted source.
This recipe was shared in Meal Plan Monday.