These Skillet Cheddar Biscuits are golden biscuits with a perfect, crunchy bottom and moist, cheesy inside. These will be your favorite biscuits ever.
These simple and tasty Skillet Cheddar Biscuits are our family’s favorite biscuits to have with a meal.
They go great with chili, soups, roasts and just about any meal you can think of.
Cooked in a cast iron skillet, they develop and wonderful crunchy bottom, but are moist and tender on the inside.
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
My husband loves them, and when the kids were still at home, he would hide any leftovers from them…so he could have them with lunch the next day.
Just like my Classic Meatloaf recipe, this is something that the family gets very excited about, every time I’ve made them. Still do.
Watch me make these Skillet Cheddar Biscuits in this recipe tutorial video:
Did You Make This Recipe? I would love for you to rate it in the recipe card, and I’d love to hear your thoughts!
Skillet Cheddar Biscuits
- 1 Tb cold butter
- 2 c flour
- 1 T sugar
- 1 T baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 c cold butter
- 1 1/2 c grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1/4 c whole milk
- To begin, preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- In an iron skillet, melt a tablespoon of butter over super low heat, and spread the butter around the bottom. Set it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Cut up the remaining stick (1/2 c) of cold butter into pieces, and drop them into the flour mixture.
- With a pastry blender, cut the butter into the flour mixture, until there are no pieces of butter larger than a pea.
- Grate in the sharp cheddar cheese.
- Stir the cheese into the flour mixture, and then pour in the whole milk.
- Stir it together until just combined.
- Now scoop the batter into the skillet, in little globs. An ice cream scoop works perfectly.
- Slide the skillet into your oven, and bake for about 20 minutes, until the biscuits are nice and golden brown on top.
- And enjoy!
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.
5 thoughts on “Skillet Cheddar Biscuits (With Cooking Video)”
Worked Out great! No hockey puck here. I would share a picture but did not see how to do that on here think my school it’s just a tad bit bigger than yours so I only had three in the middle
I love that I don’t have to worry about getting the size of each biscuit right. What do you like to serve these with?
Oh goodness, I make them with all sorts of things. Roast, soups, stews, chilis. Basically any meal that we would like a savory, flavorful bread with.
Hi honey the is very busy time for the devil.I AM A RETIRED 45 YEARS AS AN RN. Just celebrated my BD JAN 26 81 YEARS. I AM ALERT AND ORINETED X3 YES I AM BLESSED. NOW I SET HEAR IN NEW ROCHELL, NY AND WE HAVE VERY LITTL LITTLE HEAT. I AM PLANNING TO MOVE BACK HOME IN NC.I HAVE SEEN HOW THINGS CAN HAPPEN. SAME THING HAPPEN TO US IN CHARLOTTE NC BUT WILL KEEP IN PRAYER AND I KNOW YOU WILL ALSO, NOW I AM GOING TO CUT INTO A SOUR CREAM POUND CAKE,SMILE HAPPY V DAY BE BLESSED
Yes it is Elizabeth, but I know someone much bigger ;) God bless you and I hope your move goes well!