These Skillet Cheddar Biscuits are golden biscuits with a perfect, crunchy bottom and moist, cheesy inside. These will be your favorite biscuits ever.
These simple and tasty Skillet Cheddar Biscuits are our family’s favorite biscuits to have with a meal.
They go great with chili, soups, roasts and just about any meal you can think of.
Cooked in a cast iron skillet, they develop and wonderful crunchy bottom, but are moist and tender on the inside.
My husband loves them, and when the kids were still at home, he would hide any leftovers from them…so he could have them with lunch the next day.
Just like my Classic Meatloaf recipe, this is something that the family gets very excited about, every time I’ve made them. Still do.
Watch me make these Skillet Cheddar Biscuits in this recipe tutorial video:
Did you make and enjoy this recipe from Cosmopolitan Cornbread? Please rate it below and leave a comment to share your thoughts!
- 2 c flour
- 1 T sugar
- 1 T baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 c + 1 Tb cold butter, divided
- 1 1/2 c grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1/4 c whole milk
- To begin, preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- In an iron skillet, melt a tablespoon of butter over super low heat, and spread the butter around the bottom. Set it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Cut up the remaining stick (1/2 c) of cold butter into pieces, and drop them into the flour mixture.
- With a pastry blender, cut the butter into the flour mixture, until there are no pieces of butter larger than a pea.
- Grate in the sharp cheddar cheese.
- Stir the cheese into the flour mixture, and then pour in the whole milk.
- Stir it together until just combined.
- Now scoop the batter into the skillet, in little globs. An ice cream scoop works perfectly.
- Slide the skillet into your oven, and bake for about 20 minutes, until the biscuits are nice and golden brown on top.
- And enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 265Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 478mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 12g
Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and estimated by a service called Nutritionix. That is a web-based nutritional calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. If the nutritional information is vital to you please verify it using your favorite trusted source.
This recipe was shared in Meal Plan Monday.