Get saucy at your next barbecue with this Blueberry Sriracha Barbecue Sauce.
There are two ways that I love to cook in the hot summer months.
First, I love to use my slow cooker in the hot months. My slow cooker gets lots of use because not only does it cook a great meal without heating up the whole kitchen (or the whole house) but because the warm weather months are often the busiest on the homestead, I can work all day outside and come in to a meal waiting for me.
Get lots of slow cooker recipes -> HERE
Second, for very similar reasons, I love to grill meals in the summer. This sweet & zippy barbecue sauce is perfect for slathering on ribs or brushing on chicken. You’l be in love with it the first time you try it. Since it whips up in just minutes, you’ve no reason to wait!
- ½ c ketchup
- ½ c blueberry jam
- 2 Tb apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tb sriracha sauce
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch sea salt
- To begin, combine all of the ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Heat the ingredients over medium low heat, stirring with a whisk until all of the jam is melted.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Use immediately or transfer to a jar and store in the refrigerator for later.
Need some more easy barbecue recipes to get you in the mood for summer grilling? Check out some of these:
Best Burgers and Sandwiches
- Barbecue Rib Burgers with Low Carb Sauce by My Life Cookbook
- Caribbean Jerk Chicken Burgers by Simple and Savory
- Guava-Ale BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwich by Gourmet Everyday
Grill Master Mains
- Grilled Red Snapper with Cilantro and Onion Stuffing by Food Lust People Love
- Honey Glazed Chicken Kabobs by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork with Homemade Coleslaw by A Mind Full Mom
- Spicy Grilled Leg of Lamb by Sunday Supper Movement
Mop Worthy Sauces
- Homemade Burger Sauce by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Homemade “End of Season” Ketchup by What Smells So Good?
Searing Starters and Sides
- Creole Potato Salad by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Campfire Corn and Tomatoes by Cricket’s Confections
- Grilled Lime Beer Ritas with Smoky Lime Salt by Our Good Life
- Pork Satay with Peanut Sauce by Asian In America
- Grandma Dahl’s Ice Cream Dessert by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- All-American Pie Shooter Trio by The Crumby Cupcake
- Flourless Fudge Brownies by Pies and Plots
- Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone by Caroline’s Cooking
- Frozen Mocha Dessert by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Mini No Bake Coconut Cheescakes by Jonesin’ For Taste