Get saucy at your next barbecue with this Blueberry Sriracha Barbecue Sauce.
There are two ways that I love to cook in the hot summer months.
First, I love to use my slow cooker in the hot months. My slow cooker gets lots of use because not only does it cook a great meal without heating up the whole kitchen (or the whole house) but because the warm weather months are often the busiest on the homestead, I can work all day outside and come in to a meal waiting for me.
Get lots of slow cooker recipes -> HERE
Second, for very similar reasons, I love to grill meals in the summer. This sweet & zippy barbecue sauce is perfect for slathering on ribs or brushing on chicken. You’l be in love with it the first time you try it. Since it whips up in just minutes, you’ve no reason to wait!
- 1/2 c ketchup
- 1/2 c blueberry jam
- 2 Tb apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tb sriracha sauce
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch sea salt
- To begin, combine all of the ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Heat the ingredients over medium low heat, stirring with a whisk until all of the jam is melted.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Use immediately or transfer to a jar and store in the refrigerator for later.