Moist, delicious and effortless. You will love this Buttermilk Roast Chicken more than any other baked chicken recipe you make.
I originally shared this over on Hip Homeschool Moms.
- 2 c buttermilk
- ¼ c extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tb honey
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 to 4 pounds chicken pieces (skin on, bone in)
- 2 large zip-lock bags
- To begin, combine all of the ingredients except the chicken in a dish. Whisk those together.
- Place your chicken into one of the large zip-lock bags and pour in the marinade. Press out as much air as possible and seal the bag.
- Place it into a second bag in case of leaks. Squish the bag around to coat the chicken. Refrigerate over night.
- The next day, heat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the chicken on a baking sheet, draining off excess liquid. Bake for 30-40 minutes until cooked through and browned.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 860Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 30gCholesterol: 427mgSodium: 1445mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 99g
Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and estimated by a service called Nutritionix. That is a web-based nutritional calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. If the nutritional information is vital to you please verify it using your favorite trusted source.