Moist, delicious and effortless. You will love this Buttermilk Roast Chicken more than any other baked chicken recipe you make.
I originally shared this over on Hip Homeschool Moms. You can pay this recipe a visit there and see the full pictorial.
- 2 c buttermilk
- ¼ c extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tb honey
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 to 4 pounds chicken pieces (skin on, bone in)
- 2 large zip-lock bags
- To begin, combine all of the ingredients except the chicken in a dish. Whisk those together.
- Place your chicken into one of the large zip-lock bags and pour in the marinade. Press out as much air as possible and seal the bag.
- Place it into a second bag in case of leaks. Squish the bag around to coat the chicken. Refrigerate over night.
- The next day, heat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the chicken on a baking sheet, draining off excess liquid. Bake for 30-40 minutes until cooked through and browned.