These snack-a-licious Candy Bar Oatmeal Cookies are a fantastic way to use up some of that holiday candy you have around the house.
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
To begin, preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
Next you’ll combine all-purpose flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Stir it together and set it aside for now.
In your mixing bowl, you’ll cream together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until fluffy. Then two eggs and some vanilla extract make an entrance. You’ll mix those in until the mixture is airy, then add the dry ingredients in. Mix until combined. Then the title ingredient…quick oats.
After those are combined, you’ll pause for a moment from the mixing bowl and turn to your cutting board. Chop up some walnuts and add them to the mixture.
Then the second title ingredient comes into play… candy bars!
Now here I have used three Skor bars (chocolate toffee bars). You can use all sorts of candy from your stockpiles, but I find that chocolatey ones work best. (Heath, Butterfingers, Hershey, Mr. Goodbar, Kit Kat, etc.) You can also use a combination of candy bars or even use M&Ms or Reese’s Pieces. Those are just for example, and not an exhaustive list. Get creative! Whatever you decide, you’ll need a cup of chopped candy.
Toss the chopped candy bars into the dough and mix it all together.
Scoop this out by rounded tablespoons onto your cookie sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the cookies are just slightly golden on the edges.
Cool them on a rack, then store in an airtight container.
This recipe makes about 4 dozen cookies.
How sweet are Your words to my taste!
Yes, sweeter than honey to my mouth!
Did You Make This Recipe? I would love for you to rate it in the recipe card, and I’d love to hear your thoughts!
- 1 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 c (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 c quick oats (not instant or rolled)
- 1/2 c walnuts
- 1 c chopped chocolaty candy bar (Heath, Skor, Butterfinger, Kit-Kat, etc. or M&Ms/Reese's Pieces)
- To begin, preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine the all-purpose flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Stir together it and set it aside for now.
- In your mixing bowl, you’ll cream together the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until fluffy.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract. You’ll mix those in until the mixture is airy.
- Add in the dry ingredients in. Mix until combined.
- Add in the quick oats, mix those in.
- Chop your walnuts and candy bars. Stir them both into the batter.
- Scoop the dough out by rounded tablespoons onto your cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the cookies are just slightly golden on the edges.
- Cool them on a rack, then store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 127Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 92mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g
This data was estimated and provided by Nutritionix. Accuracy not guaranteed.