Ever wanted Chicken Pot Pie but didn’t have time to make it? Here’s a quicker option for that great flavor.
For the Crust (Optional)
- dough for 1 pie crust
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp sage
- 1/8 tsp thyme
For the Soup
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tb butter
- 1 Tb vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp each salt & pepper
- 3 large large potatoes
- 1 small onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 1/3 c flour
- 4 c chicken broth
- 1 cup half & half (or milk)
- 2 c frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- Roll out the pie dough onto a baking sheet and sprinkle with the pepper, thyme and sage. Bake at 400 for 8-10 minutes until lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, cut the chicken into 1 inch pieces. Heat the oil & butter in a Dutch oven.
- Salt & pepper the chicken, and toss it into the pot. Let it cook over medium heat for a few minutes, until opaque. While the chicken is cooking, dice the potatoes into 1/2 in pieces. Set aside.
- Dice the onion and celery. Scoop the chicken out into a bowl. Toss in the celery and onion and cook them in the liquid in the pot for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the flour. Add in the chicken broth and half & half. Add in the chicken and remaining ingredients.
- Bring it to a boil, reduce the heat and cook on medium heat until the vegetables are just done – about 10 minutes.
- Serve the Chicken Pot Pie Soup with the pie crust crumbled over the top.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 707Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 1316mgCarbohydrates: 83gFiber: 8gSugar: 8gProtein: 30g
Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and estimated by a service called Nutritionix. That is a web-based nutritional calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. If the nutritional information is vital to you please verify it using your favorite trusted source.