These honey roasted carrots are a healthy and easy-to-make side dish that is perfect for any night of the week.
Even as a kid, one of my favorite vegetables has always been carrots. They’ve been a favorite to snack on raw, with dressing or nut butters. And who could resist a good carrot cake?
But not only are carrots tasty, they are very good for you. Their color is a good indicator of that.
Carrots are rich in vitamins, minerals, and fiber. They are also a good source of antioxidants. And why are the carrots orange? Because of the high levels of the antioxidant, Beta-carotene.
Everyone could use a few more carrots in their life. Wouldn’t you agree?
What You Need to Make This Dish:
- 2 lb carrots
- avocado oil
- vegetable peeler
- mixing bowl
- baking sheet
- ghee (or grass-fed butter)
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
The oven roasted carrots are coated with a quick, buttery glazed that is kissed with honey. Everyone in your family will love them!
How to Make Honey Roasted Carrots:
The first thing you will do is preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
Peel and trim the ends from your carrots.
Cut your carrots into slices – I like to cut them diagonally. This give them a better presentation, but also gives them a larger surface to caramelize in the oven.
The carrots are tossed with some oil and a little salt. I find it easiest to do this in a mixing bowl.
Spread the carrots out onto a baking sheet and roast to perfection. Once they are tender, you’ll toss them into a serving bowl and drizzle in the glaze. That is it!
Serve these carrots with your favorite main dish. I suggest my French Onion Roast Beef or Lemon and Garlic Herbed Roasted Chicken.
You May Also Like: Simple Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Did You Make This Recipe? I would love for you to rate it in the recipe card, and I’d love to hear your thoughts!
Honey Roasted Carrots
- 2 lb carrots
- 2 Tb avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tb honey
- 1 Tb ghee, or grass-fed butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- To begin, preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel and trim the ends from your carrots.
- Slice the carrots diagonally into slices that are about 1/2 inch thick.
- Place the sliced carrots in a mixing bowl and toss them with the oil and salt.
- Spread the carrots out onto your baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake the carrots for 20-25 minutes or until they are tender and browned around the edges here and there. Give them a stir about half way through.
- While they are baking, combine the melted ghee, honey and cinnamon.
- Place the roasted carrots in a serving bowl.
- Drizzle the glaze over the top, and stir to coat.
- Enjoy this healthy and easy side dish!
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.