Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos is a “toss it and forget it” kind of recipe that takes just a couple minutes to prepare as your slow cooker does all the rest of the work for you.
Ready or not school has started! At least for many families it certainly has. I know that for many families, that also means lots of chaos and craziness, getting back into a routine. This meal is the perfect solution for those kinds of days.
I shared this recipe today over a Hip Homeschool Moms. Over there at HHM you will find tons of recipes that I have shared. Most of them are slow cooker recipes, some are just simply quick recipes – but all are perfect for the busy mom!
See all of the recipes that I have shared over there here.
- 1½ lb boneless, skinless chicken (breasts or thighs)
- 1 Tb chili powder
- 1 Tb ancho chile powder
- 1 Tb cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 can (14 ounces) tomato sauce
- tortillas or taco shells
- your preferred toppings for tacos (shredded lettuce, cheese, guacamole, olives, sour cream, etc.)
- To begin, place the chicken in your slow cooker.
- On top of the chicken, sprinkle the chili powder, ancho chile powder, cumin, salt and the garlic.
- Over the top of this, you’ll pour the tomato sauce.
- That’s it! Cover and cook on low for 5 – 6 hours.
- Simply shred the chicken by pulling it apart with two forks.
- Serve it on tortillas (or in taco shells) with whatever toppings you like on a taco. (Shredded lettuce, cheese, guacamole, sour cream, etc.)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 351Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 111mgSodium: 920mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 38g
This data was estimated and provided by Nutritionix. Accuracy not guaranteed.