Ready or not school has started! At least for many families it certainly has. I know that for many families, that also means lots of chaos and craziness, getting back into a routine. This meal is the perfect solution for those kinds of days. Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos is a “toss it and forget it” kind of recipe that takes just a couple minutes to prepare as your slow cooker does all the rest of the work for you.
I shared this recipe today over a Hip Homeschool Moms. Over there at HHM you will find tons of recipes that I have shared. Most of them are slow cooker recipes, some are just simply quick recipes – but all are perfect for the busy mom!
- 1½ lb boneless, skinless chicken (breasts or thighs)
- 1 Tb chili powder
- 1 Tb ancho chile powder
- 1 Tb cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 can (14 ounces) tomato sauce
- tortillas or taco shells
- your preferred toppings for tacos (shredded lettuce, cheese, guacamole, olives, sour cream, etc.)
- To begin, place the chicken in your slow cooker.
- On top of the chicken, sprinkle the chili powder, ancho chile powder, cumin, salt and the garlic.
- Over the top of this, you’ll pour the tomato sauce.
- That’s it! Cover and cook on low for 5 – 6 hours.
- Simply shred the chicken by pulling it apart with two forks.
- Serve it on tortillas (or in taco shells) with whatever toppings you like on a taco. (Shredded lettuce, cheese, guacamole, sour cream, etc.)