Cilantro-Lime Ranch Dressing is a deliciously tangy ranch dressing that is perfect on your fresh, crispy green salad.
This time of year when things begin to warm up, I find myself craving salads, and craving grilled things. On this particular day, I filleted some chicken breasts, brushed them with some olive oil and rubbed on some of my Cajun seasoning and grilled them up. Sliced and served on a bed of lettuce, this was supper. Mmmm…
To begin, you’ll need your blender handy. You’ll give some of the ingredients a rough chop, just so them blend up well. 1/3 cup of fresh cilantro and about 4 stalks of fresh chives. Give those a rough chop.
In your blender, you’ll add 3/4 cup each of mayonnaise and plain Greek yogurt.
Now, peel and coarsely chop 2 cloves of garlic and toss those in. Grab a lime and grate off about 2 teaspoons of the zest. Squeeze 3 tablespoons of lime juice into the blender.
Toss in the greens, garlic and zest, along with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, 1/3 cup of milk, and a half teaspoon each of salt & pepper.
Blend it all together until it is smooth.
Store the dressing in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks in your fridge.
- ⅓ c fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 4 stalks fresh chives, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 Tb lime juice and
- 2 tsp lime zest from a fresh lime
- ¾ c mayonnaise
- ¾ c plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tb extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ c milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Combine everything in a blender, and blend until smooth. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Enjoy on your favorite salad.