Cincy chili is Cincinnati Style Chili – a quick chili served with spaghetti noodles. It may sound odd like it did to my family…until they tried it and immediately fell in love!
- ½ c diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tb extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 Tb chili powder,
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp baking cocoa
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 can (15 oz) fire roasted diced
- 1 c beef broth
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1 can (15 oz) kidney beans, rinsed and
- 1 Tb red wine vinegar
- Shredded cheese for topping
- To begin, start a pot of water for your spaghetti.
- Place a cover on the pot to help it boil quicker.
- In your Dutch oven, heat the extra virgin olive oil and sauté the onion and garlic until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the ground beef and cook until browned.
- Add in the chili powder, cumin, baking cocoa, salt, fresh ground black pepper and cinnamon. Stir these in and let them cook for just a minute.
- Add in the fire roasted diced tomatoes. Cook for a minute.
- Right about now, your water should be ready. Add in the spaghetti.
- To your soup pot, add in the beef broth, the drained and rinsed kidney beans and red wine vinegar.
- Stir the chili all together, bring it to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook for a few minutes, until the spaghetti is ready.
- Once the spaghetti is cooked, drain it and then add it to the chili. Serve topped with a little shredded cheddar cheese.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 366Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 630mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 27g
This data was estimated and provided by Nutritionix. Accuracy not guaranteed.