Layers of tortilla, meat, and loads of flavor meld together in your slow cooker for this wonderful Mexican Lasagna meal.
You will love this fun slow cooker Mexican Lasagna. It is one of the first recipes I ever learned to make in a slow cooker (crockpot) and it is still a family favorite.
How to Make Mexican Lasagna in a Slow Cooker
In a skillet, begin cooking 1 pound ground beef, and a diced onion.
When it is fully cooked, turn off the heat and add in 1 Tablespoon of Taco Seasoning.
Stir in a can of Fire-Roasted Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies.
Rinse and drain a can of Black Beans.
And stir those in.
Finally, stir in some salt, around a 1/2 teaspoon or so. My taco seasoning does not have salt in it, so that the salt can be adjusted to whatever you are using it in.
In your crockpot, spread about 1/2 cup of the mixture into the bottom.
Place a tortilla over this, then scoop another 1/2 cup of the mixture.
Sprinkle with about 1/3-1/2 cup of Pepper Jack Cheese.
My tortillas were actually too big, so the rest of them I tore into pieces to fit them better.
Repeat with tortilla, mixture and cheese again…this time Cheddar cheese.
Repeat with all of these layers, until you have used all of your mixture. Alternate the layers with the different cheeses, and the final layer should have a little of both.
Turn your crockpot on to low, and cook for 3-4 hours.
Isn’t this gorgeous?
Cut the Lasagna into wedges – this generally makes 6 servings. Lift a wedge out onto your plate and serve topped with a little Sour Cream….and anything else you would like.
You May Also Like:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 Tb taco seasoning
- 1 can (14 oz.) black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 can (14 oz.) fire roasted diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6-8 flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cup pepper-jack cheese
- sour cream for topping
- In a skillet, cook ground beef and onion until fully cooked. Remove from heat.
- Stir in taco seasoning, tomatoes & green chilies, black beans and salt.
- Spread about 1/2 c of the meat mixture into the bottom of your slow-cooker.
- Top with a tortilla. (Tear the tortilla if you need to make it fit.)
- Top with another 1/3 - 1/2 cup meat mixture and cheese.
- Repeat. Alternate the layers with the two different cheeses. The final layer should have a little of both kinds.
- Place the lid on your slow-cooker and cook on low 3-4 hours.
- Cut into wedges, and serve with sour cream and any other topping you like.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 712Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 124mgSodium: 1467mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 43g
Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and estimated by a service called Nutritionix. That is a web-based nutritional calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. If the nutritional information is vital to you please verify it using your favorite trusted source.