Buttery, crunchy cookies that are perfect for dipping in milk. You’ll love these great big cookies!
The other day, while my son was in town visiting, I asked him if there was anything he wanted me to make for him while he was here. He responded with “Chocolate Chip Cookies.”
I asked him if he wanted soft ones or crunchy ones.
He looked and me with horror and said, “Crunchy! What’s wrong with you!?”
Hehehe. Yes, he loves these crunchy cookies because he loves to dip them in milk. I even made him a batch of these when he graduated from Basic Training in the Army, and he was thrilled to have Mom’s cookies! He had the whole batch, just for him.
They have that classic chocolate chip cookie flavor, but with the crunch that is reminiscent of a biscotti. So whether you like dipping in milk or coffee, these cookies are the perfect cookies to make.
These cookies are very big and need plenty of space to bake on the cookie sheet, so I only make 6 at a time.
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
You May Also Like:
Did you make and enjoy this recipe from Cosmopolitan Cornbread? Please rate it below and leave a comment to share your thoughts!
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 c butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 c chocolate chips (I prefer bittersweet, use what you like)
- 1/2 c chopped pecans (optional)
- To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In your mixing bowl, creamy together the sugar and butter until nice and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla, again until nice and fluffy.
- Stir in your dry ingredients until combined, being sure to scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula. Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Scoop onto your cookie sheet in large, 2 inch balls (a standard muffin scoop works perfectly.) Give them plenty of room, about 6 at a time.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until nice and golden.
- Cool on the sheet for a couple minutes, then remove to a cooling rack and cool completely.
- Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 324Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 287mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 2gSugar: 27gProtein: 3g
Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and estimated by a service called Nutritionix. That is a web-based nutritional calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. If the nutritional information is vital to you please verify it using your favorite trusted source.