Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies, perfect for dipping!
The other day, my son asked me to make “dipping cookies.” He wanted crunchy chocolate cookies that were ideal for dipping in milk. These crunchy cookies got his nod of approval.
They have that classic chocolate chip cookie flavor, but with the crunch that is reminiscent of a biscotti. So whether you like dipping in milk or coffee, these cookies are the perfect cookies to make.
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 c butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 c chocolate chips (I prefer bittersweet, use what you like)
- 1/2 c chopped pecans (optional)
- To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In your mixing bowl, creamy together the sugar and butter until nice and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla, again until nice and fluffy.
- Stir in your dry ingredients until combined, being sure to scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula. Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Scoop onto your cookie sheet in large, 2 inch balls (a standard muffin scoop works perfectly.) Give them plenty of room, about 6 at a time.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until nice and golden.
- Cool on the sheet for a couple minutes, then remove to a cooling rack and cool completely.
- Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 324 Total Fat: 19g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 37mg Sodium: 287mg Carbohydrates: 40g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 27g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g