Chewy and delicious Double Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies – whenever I make these cookies, my boys try to convince me that they can eat them for breakfast since they are oatmeal cookies. I think I’m lucky if any even make it to breakfast the next day!
How to Make Double Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
In a bowl, stir together 2 cups each of rolled oats and chocolate chips. Set aside.
In another bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 c flour, 1/2 teaspoon each of baking soda and salt, and 1/4 c baking cocoa. Set aside.
In your mixing bowl, beat together 1/2 c sugar, 1 c brown sugar and 1 c (2 sticks) room temperature butter. Beat these for about 2 minutes until they are really fluffy and creamy.
Mix in 2 eggs, one at a time.
Mix in 2 tablespoon of milk and a teaspoon of vanilla.
The mixture should be nice and fluffy. Add in your flour mixture, mix well and make sure to scrape the bowl to get it all combined.
Add in your oats and chocolate chips.
Stir until just combined.
Scoop by rounded tablespoons onto a cookie sheet. Bake for 11 minutes. The cookies will remain very soft.
Allow them to cool on the sheet for a few minutes, then remove them to a cooling rack and cool completely. Look at all these lovely cookies!
- 2 c rolled oats
- 2 c (12 ounces) chocolate chips
- 1 c (2 sticks) soft butter
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 c baking cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tb milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- To begin, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the oats and chips in a small bowl, set aside.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking soda and cocoa.
- In your mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugars for 2 minutes, until nice and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and then the milk and vanilla.
- Add the dry mixture into sugar mixture and mix well.
- Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
- Scoop by tablespoons onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake 11 minutes or until cooked through.
- Cool a couple minutes on the cookie sheet, then cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Repeat with the remaining cookie dough.
Optional: Try these with dried cranberries in them. Mix in 1/2 cup with the oats and chips.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 72Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 57mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g
Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and estimated by a service called Nutritionix. That is a web-based nutritional calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. If the nutritional information is vital to you please verify it using your favorite trusted source.