This recipe is simple enough to make that anyone can bake a fall-apart tender brisket for your family to enjoy.
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
Watch this Cooking Video:
Easy Roasted Brisket with Dry Rub
- 2 T chili powder
- 1 T salt
- 1 T black pepper
- 1 T onion powder
- 1 T garlic powder
- 1 T sugar
- 2 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1 whole brisket
- 3 =4 cups beef broth
- 3 bay leaves
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine all of the seasonings (except the bay leaves) in a dish.
- Place your brisket fat side down in a roasting pan.
- Spread half of the dry rub mixture over the top of it, patting it onto the brisket.
- Turn the brisket over (fat side up) and spread the other half of the dry rub mixture over it, again patting it on with your hand.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hours.
- Take the roasting pan from the oven and pour the beef broth into the pan (not over the brisket.) You will need 1/2 inch of liquid, so you may need to adjust the amount of broth you use.
- Add the bay leaves to the broth.
- Turn the oven down to 300 degrees.
- Cover the pan tightly with foil.
- Bake for 4 hours or until the brisket is fork tender.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.