Egg Roll Bowls have all the great flavor of your favorite appetizer but in the form of an easy and delicious meal.
When I was a teen, I had my first egg rolls and I immediately loved them. I loved the flavor…loved everything about them. Then I worked in a Chinese restaurant and about flipped a lid when I saw some of the ingredients that were being put into the ones I loved so much. I was shocked.
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
The great thing about this dish, is that not only can you enjoy the wonderful egg roll flavor, but you have complete control about what is going into your food.
This dish is also another one of those great “busy weeknight suppers” because it take such a short time to prepare.
To make this Egg Roll Bowl recipe you will need:
- coconut oil
- ground turkey (or pork)
- green cabbage
- sesame oil
- liquid coconut aminos
- chicken broth
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- white pepper
- large skillet with a lid
Did You Make This Recipe? I would love for you to rate it in the recipe card, and I’d love to hear your thoughts!
Egg Roll Bowls (Paleo, Low-Carb)
- 1 Tb coconut oil
- 1 lb ground turkey, or pork, chicken
- 1 c onion, diced
- 1 head green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 Tb sesame oil
- 1/4 c liquid coconut aminos
- 1/4 c chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- pinch white pepper
- 2 scallions, sliced
- To begin, cook the ground pork and onion with the coconut oil in a large skillet that has a lid. You do not need the lid yet, that will come later.
- Cook the pork over medium heat until it is browned, breaking up the chunks of meat with your utensil.
- When the pork is browned and the onions are tender, stir in the garlic and ginger.
- Add in the cabbage. Your skillet is going to be VERY full, but the cabbage will shrink considerably as it cooks.
- Sprinkle or drizzle all of the remaining ingredients over the top of the cabbage (not including the scallions.) Cover and cook over medium low heat.
- Periodically use a pair of tongs to turn and mix the ingredients as it cooks. When the cabbage first goes in, this will be very difficult simply because the skillet will be so full. Be patient.
- Cook until the cabbage has wilted and is cooked to your desired level of doneness, about 5-10 minutes. Some people like their cabbage crunchier, others prefer it a little more cooked. Do as you like.
- To serve, spoon the cooked mixture into serving bowls and top with the sliced scallions.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.
This recipe was shared in Meal Plan Monday.
2 thoughts on “Egg Roll Bowls”
This sounds good too….love Chinese Food.
Can you tell us what they put in theirs when you worked in a Chinese Restaurant ? Would love to know….
You can send info to me Facebook PM…..if you don’t want to post it here,,,,:)
I don’t know what all of the ingredients were, but the shocking one was whole containers of store-bought peanut butter. (Cheap peanut butter, full of sugar and other things.)