These delicious and warmly spiced gingerbread muffins are a wonderful way to start your day – great for breakfast or a snack!
These muffins, even though they are paleo & low carb, have a great texture that the whole family will love.
You’ll have a hard time eating just one!
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
To Make these Gingerbread Muffins you will need:
- coconut flour
- tapioca flour
- baking soda
- sea salt
- baking soda
- applesauce (plain, unsweetened)
- grass-fed butter (or ghee)
- coconut sugar
- sifter or sieve
- muffin paper liners
- muffin pan(s)
- muffin scoop
- mixing bowls
Click here to see a video where I make this muffin recipe.
To begin, you’ll preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Line a standard muffin pan with paper liners, and set it aside for now.
In your mixing bowl, sift together the flours, baking soda, spices and salt. Set this aside.
In a second bowl, you’ll whisk together melted butter, applesauce, molasses and coconut sugar. Whisk in some eggs, one at a time . Then you’ll add the liquid to the dry mixture, and whisk together.
The batter is then scooped into the prepared muffin pan.
Bake the muffins for 19-20 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
Transfer the gingerbread muffins to a cooling rack and allow them to cool for a few minutes.
If you enjoy low-carb or paleo recipes, I have many more of them here on Cosmopolitan Cornbread. You can find more of them here.
Did You Make This Recipe? I would love for you to rate it in the recipe card, and I’d love to hear your thoughts!
Paleo Gingerbread Muffins
- 1/2 c tapioca flour
- 1/2 c coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- pinch of fine sea salt
- 1/2 c melted butter, grass-fed, unsalted – or ghee
- 1/2 c unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 c molasses
- 1/4 c coconut sugar
- 4 eggs
- To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a standard muffin pan with paper liners, and set it aside for now.
- In your mixing bowl, sift together the flours, baking soda, spices and salt. Set this aside.
- In a second bowl, whisk together the butter, applesauce, molasses and coconut sugar.
- Whisk in the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the liquid to the dry mixture, and whisk together.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pan.
- Bake the muffins for 19-20 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
- Transfer the muffins to a cooling rack and allow them to cool for a few minutes.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.