You will love these low-carb, paleo Chocolate Muffins. They’re great as a grab & go breakfast, or an afternoon snack.
To Make these Paleo Chocolate Muffins you will need:
- coconut flour
- tapioca flour
- baking soda
- sea salt
- baking cocoa
- applesauce (plain, unsweetened)
- grass-fed butter (or ghee)
- coconut sugar
- vanilla extract
- instant espresso
- sifter or sieve
- muffin paper liners
- muffin pan(s)
- muffin scoop
- mixing bowls
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
When developing a recipe, it takes a good bit of experimentation, and lots of hoping with fingers crossed. You can see my process for this recipe while I bake these muffins in the video below:
Thankfully, these muffins were a success!
To begin, you’ll preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Line a standard muffin pan with paper liners, and set it aside for now.
In your mixing bowl, sift together the flours, baking soda, baking cocoa, instant espresson and salt. Set this aside.
In a second bowl, you’ll whisk together melted butter, applesauce, water, vanilla extract and coconut sugar. Whisk in some eggs, one at a time . Then you’ll add the liquid to the dry mixture, and whisk together.
The batter is then scooped into the prepared muffin pan.
Bake the muffins for 19-20 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
The recipe below includes the modification that I mentioned in the video. I am sure you will love these paleo chocolate muffins.
I took several of these muffins over to a friend’s house, and her daughter eats only gluten free. She loved these muffins, too!
Would you like to see more of my muffin recipes? Click Here!
Did you make and enjoy this recipe from Cosmopolitan Cornbread? Please rate it below and leave a comment to share your thoughts!
- 1/2 c tapioca flour
- 1/2 c coconut flour
- 3 Tb baking cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp instant espresso granules
- pinch of fine sea salt
- 1/2 c melted butter (grass-fed, unsalted - or ghee)
- 1/2 c unsweetened applesauce
- 2 Tb water
- 1/4 c coconut sugar
- 4 eggs
- To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a standard muffin pan with paper liners, and set it aside for now.
- In your mixing bowl, sift together the flours, baking soda, baking cocoa and salt. Set this aside.
- In a second bowl, whisk together the butter, applesauce, vanilla extract, water and coconut sugar.
- Whisk in the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the liquid to the dry mixture, and whisk together.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pan.
- Bake the muffins for 19-20 minutes, or until they are test done with a toothpick.
- Transfer the muffins to a cooling rack and allow them to cool for a few minutes.
Try this with some low carb chocolate chips (Like Lily's brand) stirred into the batter!