Today I shared another simple recipe for a homemade mix – this one for a great grain-free breakfast porridge or “No-oatmeal.”
Check out the other participating channels:
- Katie from Heritage Ways
- Lori from Whippoorwill Holler
- Vickie from Vickie’s Country Home
- Tammy from Little Jordan Farm
Here’s a free printable version of this recipe:
- 4 c finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 c flaxseed meal
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt fine
- Combine all of the ingredients together and store in an airtight container in your refrigerator.
- Combine 3/4 c of the mix with 3/4 c almond or coconut milk.
- Simmer in a sauce pan over low heat until it is warm and thickened.
- Serve with fruit like blueberries or raisins and sprinkle with some coconut sugar or a drizzle of honey or maple syrup. You can play around with the toppings and experiment with many versions.
Serving Size:3/4 c
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 477Total Fat: 46gSaturated Fat: 39gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 143mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 13gSugar: 5gProtein: 6g
Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and estimated by a service called Nutritionix. That is a web-based nutritional calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. If the nutritional information is vital to you please verify it using your favorite trusted source.
This recipe was shared in Meal Plan Monday