Today I shared another simple recipe for a homemade mix – this one for a great grain-free breakfast porridge or “No-oatmeal.”
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
Check out the other participating channels:
- Katie from Heritage Ways
- Lori from Whippoorwill Holler
- Vickie from Vickie’s Country Home
- Tammy from Little Jordan Farm
Here’s a free printable version of this recipe:
How to Make Grain Free “Oatmeal”
- 4 c unsweetened coconut, finely shredded
- 1/4 c flaxseed meal
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt fine
- Combine all of the ingredients together and store in an airtight container in your refrigerator.
- Combine 3/4 c of the mix with 3/4 c almond or coconut milk.
- Simmer in a sauce pan over low heat until it is warm and thickened.
- Serve with fruit like blueberries or raisins and sprinkle with some coconut sugar or a drizzle of honey or maple syrup. You can play around with the toppings and experiment with many versions.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.