Making your own disinfecting wipes is simple to do and cost effective. These wipes utilize cloth, so there is no waste either!
I have always enjoyed making my own homemade cleaners. It is a great way to control what you bring into your home, as well as save money.
If you like doing things naturally, you may also like me posts on How to Make Homemade Fabric & Upholstery Deodorizing Spray or How to Kill Fire Ants Naturally
To make your own disinfecting wipes you will need:
- an empty container with a lid
- squares of cloth (You could use old t-shirts cut into squares, wash cloths, dish cloths, whatever you have that is handy. The thicker the fabric though, the fewer the wipes that will fit into your container.)
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 8 drops tea tree oil
- 8 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 8 drops lemon essential oil
- (or 16 drops of a eucalyptus & lemon oil blend instead of the individual two)
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
Instructions to Make Your Wipes:
Fold and place the cloth squares into the empty container and set aside. You’ll place as many in there as can fit.
Combine the water, vinegar and essential oils in a mixing bowl and pour into the container of cloths and close the container. Let it sit a couple minutes to thoroughly soak into the cloths.
Depending upon how thick your cloth sections are, or how many you are making, you may need to double your disinfecting solution. This is completely flexible.
As you use your wipes, simply toss them in the laundry, and place your cleaned cloths back in the container. Refresh it as needed with additional solution.
I make no guarantee about the efficacy of how well these wipes sanitize. They are simply a great, natural way to clean surfaces without chemicals or waste.