A delicious chocolate pudding recipe that is healthy, nearly dairy-free, and everyone will love it!
Everyone loves to have dessert, and I don’t know anyone that would turn down a bowl of chocolate pudding. This version is made with coconut milk instead of typical dairy, and instead of being loaded with sugar, is only sweetened with a bit of honey.
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
To make healthy Chocolate Pudding you will need:
- organic cocoa powder
- tapioca starch (flour)
- coconut milk
- vanilla extract
- sauce pan
- sifter or sieve
- plastic wrap
To make this recipe, you will begin by sifting your cocoa powder and tapioca starch into a sauce pan.
Next you’ll add in some egg yolks, coconut milk and salt. Whisk these all together until they are nice and smooth.
This pudding is sweetened with some lovely honey.
Cook this over medium heat until the pudding begins to gently boil. Continue to stir this as it cooks, and let it bubble for about 10 minutes, until it gets nice and thick.
Stir a little ghee (or butter) and vanilla extract. Cook and stir it for another minute.
Transfer the pudding to a bowl and cover it with some plastic wrap, pressing the plastic wrap to the surface of the pudding. This will prevent a tough skin from forming on the top of the pudding.
Refrigerate the pudding for at least 4 hours, or overnight. The pudding will thicken as it chills.
You will love this lightly sweetened chocolate dessert! If you love healthy chocolate recipes, you may also like my “Fool Your Family” Paleo Brownies.
Did you make and enjoy this recipe from Cosmopolitan Cornbread? Please rate it below and leave a comment to share your thoughts!
- 2 Tb organic cocoa powder
- 3 Tb tapioca starch (flour)
- 1 can (15 oz) full fat coconut milk
- 2 egg yolks
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 c honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tb ghee (or butter)
- To begin, sift your cocoa powder and tapioca starch together into a sauce pan.
- Add in the coconut milk, egg yolks, sea salt and honey. Whisk these together until they are smooth.
- Cook over medium heat stirring continually to prevent lumps.
- Bring the mixture to a gentle boil and let it bubble for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the vanilla and ghee, and cook for another minute.
- Transfer the pudding to a bowl and cover it with some plastic wrap, pressing the plastic wrap to the surface of the pudding. This will prevent a tough skin from forming on the top of the pudding.
- Refrigerate the pudding for at least 4 hours, or overnight. The pudding will thicken as it chills.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 263Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 45mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 3g
Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and estimated by a service called Nutritionix. That is a web-based nutritional calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. If the nutritional information is vital to you please verify it using your favorite trusted source.