Today I decided to bring you in the kitchen with me as I made some homemade Potato Soup.
This particular soup uses Conecuh sausage which is made right here in Alabama. If you do not have access to that variety, you can simply use your favorite smoked sausage. (Or order some from their website!)
Below is a printable version of the recipe, just as you saw it in the video.
Did you make and enjoy this recipe from Cosmopolitan Cornbread? Please rate it below and leave a comment to share your thoughts!
- 1 c diced onion
- 1 Tb butter
- 1 lb Conecuh hickory sausage (or other smoked sausage), cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 2 lb Yukon gold potatoes, cubed (washed and unpeeled, unless you really hate potato skins)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3 c beef broth
- 1 c heavy cream
- 3 c fresh spinach leaves
- 3 Tb tapioca starch (or corn starch)
- 1/3 c cold water
- Combine the butter, onion and sausage in a Dutch oven and cook it over medium heat until the onion is tender and the sausage is slightly golden.
- Drain off any excess grease if necessary.
- Add in the potatoes, beef broth, cream, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Bring it to a boil and then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for about 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are just fork tender.
- Add in the spinach and cook for a couple more minutes.
- In a small glass, whisk together the tapioca starch and the cold water until it is smooth. Add this slurry to the soup. Cook for a couple minutes while the soup thickens.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 587Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 1371mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 6gSugar: 6gProtein: 19g
Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and estimated by a service called Nutritionix. That is a web-based nutritional calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. If the nutritional information is vital to you please verify it using your favorite trusted source.
To see the original recipe using Italian sausage, visit here: Creamy Italian Style Potato Soup
This recipe was shared in Meal Plan Monday.