Delicious preserves with chunks of tasty apple, spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg.
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
To Make This Spiced Apple Preserves Recipe You Will Need:
- lemon juice
- powdered pectin
- large pot
- large spoon (for stirring)
- water bath canner or steam canner
- canning tools (ladle, funnel, etc.)
- half pint jars with lids & rings
Watch this Episode:
- How to Use a Steam Canner
- Dry Canning and other Canning Questions
- How to Fix Runny Jelly or Jam – Set Failure
Did You Make This Recipe? I would love for you to rate it in the recipe card! I would love to hear your thoughts!
Spiced Apple Preserves
- 4 c apples, peeled, sliced and cored (for this recipe, I use sweet, "eating" apples, like Fuji, Macintosh, Jonathan, Red Delicious, etc.)
- 1 c water
- 1 Tb bottled lemon juice
- 1.75 ounce powdered pectin
- 4 c sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced (seeds removed)
- Combine the apples, water and lemon juice in a large pot.
- Bring it to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Whisk in the powdered pectin.
- Bring the mixture back to a boil.
- Add in the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon slices.
- Bring the mixture to a rolling boil, and boil for 1 minute - stirring constantly.
- Remove it from the heat and ladle into prepared half pint jars, leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Wipe the jar rims with a damp rag, dipped in white vinegar.
- Close the jars with lids and rings and place the jars in your canner.
- Process the jars in a water bath canner for 10 minutes. (Adjust for elevation.)
- Allow to cool in a draft-free location for 12-24 hours.
- Test the seals, remove the rings, wiped down the jars, label and store in your pantry.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.