Everyone loves wings for their Game Day spread, and these baked Honey Dijon Glazed Wings are a great alternative for those who don’t like the spicy variations.
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.
Today the Sunday Supper team is being joined by Gallo Family Vineyards to bring you Game Day dishes for all of your upcoming get-togethers for the Big Game…you know the one! Each member of our team will be pairing our recipes with a selection from Gallo’s variety of wines.
To begin, preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Spread your wings out on a baking rack and baking sheet.
Pat the wings dry with paper towels.
Lightly spritz the tops of the wings with a little extra virgin olive oil.
And sprinkle with a good bit of salt & pepper. Bake for about 35-40 minutes.
While the wings are baking, you’ll prepare your glaze. In a small saucepan, combine 1/3 cup honey
a third of a cup of whole grain Dijon mustard
and two tablespoons of butter.
Melt this all together over low heat. When it just begins to bubble, turn off the heat.
When the chicken has finished baking, it will be lightly golden on top, with crisp skins.
Place the wings into a heat-safe mixing bowl.
Pour in the glaze, and stir the wings to coat them.
Place the wings back on the baking sheet.
Bake for 10-15 more minutes or until the wings are beautifully golden.
I paired my yummy wings with Gallo’s Sweet White Blend. Here’s how I made came to that choice: I headed over to the Food Pairing feature on Gallo’s website. There, you can choose between red meat, white meat and other categories. I chose white meat, since these are chicken. Then there is a second tier of options such as garlic, herb crusted, spicy and others. I selected “BBQ” because the coating on these wings, while not a traditional red BBQ sauce, does have a flavor that is similar. Once you select your second tier, you are given three wine selections, and how they best match. I was given Moscato, White Merlot and Sweet White Blend as suggestions. Since I hadn’t yet tried their Sweet White Blend I decided to bring that one home, and was very pleased that I did! It has a light and not too sweet flavor, and didn’t overpower the flavor of the wings. Perfect!
For more information about Gallo Family Vineyards, you can connect with them via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Youtube. And to see where you can find Gallo Family Vineyards’ variations, use this locator.
- 3 lb chicken wings
- 1 Tb extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- ⅓ c honey
- ⅓ c whole grain Dijon mustard
- 2 Tb butter
- To begin, preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Spread your wings out on a baking rack and baking sheet. Pat the wings dry with paper towel. Spritz or brush the tops of the wings with the oil. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the wings are just getting golden and crisp. Meanwhile, combine the honey, mustard and butter in a small saucepan. Melt these together over low heat. When it just begins to bubble, remove from the heat. When the wings are baked, place them in a heat-safe mixing bowl. Pour in the sauce and stir the wings to coat them well. Place them back on the baking sheet, and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until beautifully golden.
Enjoy these amazing dishes from our Team as you cheer for yours, and no matter what the score, you’ll be a winner!
- Bacon Wrapped Maple Scallops by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Bean and Chorizo Dip by Foxes Love Lemons
- Beer Braised Szechuan Chicken Wings by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Blue Cheese Burger Bites by Country Girl In The Village
- Cilantro Lime Marinated Shrimp by Ruffles & Truffles
- Game Day Pepperoni Pizza Dip by Family Foodie
- Game Day Pulled Pork Nachos by girlichef
- Goat Cheese, Bacon, and Pistachio Truffles by Chocolate Moosey
- Grilled Steak Sliders with Chimichurri Sauce by Hip Foodie Mom
- Honey Dijon Glazed Wings by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Hot Crab and Artichoke Dip by The Dinner-Mom
- Korean-style Clams by kimchi MOM
- Sparkling Pomegranate Pinot Punch by Magnolia Days
- Spicy Sausage Rolls by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Spinach Balls by Shocklingly Delicious
- Spinach Lasagna Cups by Alida’s Kitchen
- Sweet Potato Skins by The Wimpy Vegetarian