A slowcooker full of these Super Sloppy Joes are the perfect addition to your football bash, or simply supper this week.
To begin, dice a red bell pepper and an onion.
In a large skillet, sauté the onion & pepper in a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil over medium heat until tender.
Add in 2 pounds of ground beef (I used 1 lb beef, 1 lb bison) and cook until browned, breaking it up with your spoon.
When the meat is browned, drain off any excess grease. I use lean beef, so I rarely need to drain anything. Place the meat mixture in your crockpot.
Add in a teaspoon of hot paprika, and a half teaspoon each of roasted coriander, garlic powder, salt & pepper.
Add in 3 tablespoons of tomato paste, a tablespoon each of Worcestershire sauce and red wine vinegar, and 1/4 cup brown sugar.
About 4 or 5 dashes of tobasco or other hot pepper sauce.
And finally, 15 ounces of tomato sauce.
Stir this all together. Cover and cook it on high for 3 hours or low for 5-6 hours.
Enjoy the sandwiches made on your favorite rolls, with a slice of cheese if you like.
Serve them with some fries, pickles or maybe some potato salad.
Super Sloppy Joes
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 Tb extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp hot paprika
- 1/2 tsp roasted coriander
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 Tb tomato paste
- 1 Tb Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tb red wine vinegar
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 4 or 5 dashes of Tobasco or other hot pepper sauce
- 1 can, 15 oz. tomato sauce
- sandwich rolls
- sliced cheese, pickles (optional)
- To begin, dice your pepper and onion.
- Sauté them with the oil in a large skillet over medium heat until tender.
- Add in the ground beef and cook until browned, breaking it up a bit with your spoon.
- Drain off any excess grease if necessary.
- Add those to your crockpot along with all of the remaining ingredients.
- Stir it all together.
- Cover and cook it on high for 3 hours or low for 5-6 hours.
- Enjoy the sandwiches made on your favorite rolls, with a slice of cheese if you like.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.