Sometimes simple is better, as today’s recipe collection is going to demonstrate. For my contribution, I’ve shared this simple and delicious 3 Ingredient – Vanilla Bean Honey Ice Cream.
To begin, measure out 4 cups of half and half.
And measure out 2/3 cup of honey. Place them both in a saucepan.
Next grab 2 whole vanilla beans. With a sharp knife, split them open and scrape out all of that goodness from inside. Put it in the saucepan with the rest.
If you get some fibers from the pods, that is okay. You’ll strain this before finishing the ice cream, so don’t worry.
Bring the contents of the saucepan up to a gentle simmer over medium heat, stirring continually. When the mixture begins to bubble, remove it from the heat. Let it cool for an hour, stirring once in a while.
Pour the mixture into a bowl that has a lid, and refrigerate over night.
The next day, pour the mixture through a sieve into your ice cream maker.
Run your ice cream maker according to its instructions. When it is finished, spread the ice cream in an airtight container and freeze for an hour.
Then scoop out this simple goodness into a dish.
And of course…enjoy!
See how simple that was?
- 4 cups half & half
- ⅔ cup honey
- 2 vanilla beans
- Ice Cream Maker
- Combine the half & half and honey in a saucepan. With a sharp knife, split open the two vanilla bean pods and scrape out all of the seeds from the inside. Place it in the saucepan. Stirring continually, heat the mixture over medium heat until it begins to bubble. Remove it from the heat and let it cool for an hour. Give it a stir once in a while. Pour the mixture into a bowl that has a lid, and refrigerate overnight. The next day, pour the mixture through a sieve into your ice cream maker. Run it according to its instructions. Place the ice cream in an airtight container and freeze for one hour.
- Serve and enjoy!
Check out all of the recipes below. Each uses 5 ingredients or less!
Appetizers, Salads and Starters
- Chicken and Spring Greens Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Tuna, Burrata and Black Olive Salad from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Salmon and Cucumber “Noodle” Salad from girlichef
- Yogurt Dill Vegetable Dip from Melanie Makes
- Fennel Citrus Salad from An Appealing Plan
- Kale-Had-a-Hard-Day Salad from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Guacamole Deviled Eggs from Ruffles and Truffles
- Tomato Soup from Run DMT
- Wasabi Cream Cheese Ham Salad from Neighborfood
- Latkes with Smoked Salmon and Caviar from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
Sides and Accompaniments
- Candied Apple Jelly from What Smells So Good?
- Grilled Steak with Garlic Cumin Rub from Cooking Chat
- Indian-style Roasted Cauliflower from kimchi MOM
- 3-Ingredient Beer Bread from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Potato Pancakes (Reibekuchen) from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Turkey Half Breast from Nosh My Way
- Easy Crock Pot Pulled Chicken from Flour On My Face
- Lemon Basil Carbonara from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Garlic Butter Shrimp from Savvy Eats
- Smothered Pork Chop Cups from Having Fun Saving
- Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas from Supper for a Steal
- Chicken with Olives from Noshing With The Nolands
- Greek Chicken Burgers from Country Girl In The Village
- Crock Pot Beer Chicken from Our Table for Seven
- Chicken and Potato Bake with Meyer Lemons from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Chicken Asparagus Roll-ups from The Dinner-Mom
- Spaghetti Squash with Simple Red Sauce from Momma’s Meals
- Baked Asparagus and Eggs from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Grilled Caprese Salad Sandwich from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Beef Short Rib Bourguignon from Food Lust People Love
- Beans and Egg Sandwich from Basic N Delicious
- Honey Almond Salmon from Family Foodie
- BBQ Foiled Chicken from Meal Diva
Desserts and Beverages
- 4-Ingredient Butterscotch Peanut Butter Marshmallow Sweets from Shockingly Delicious
- Coconut Crusted Chocolate Ganache Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- 3-Ingredient Nutella Truffles from URBAN BAKES
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Squares from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- 5-Minute Strawberry Sherbet from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Best Ever Coconut Macaroons from Hip Foodie Mom
- Orchid Panna Cotta from Manu’s Menu
- Oreo Cookies and Cream Fudge from Alida’s Kitchen
- Vanilla Pudding from Magnolia Days
- Sopapilla Cheesecake Bites from The Weekend Gourmet
- Coconut Cream Mango Mousse from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Peanut Butter Buckeyes from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cherry Chip Cookies from Ninja Baking
- Raspberry Pina Colada Ice Cream from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Avocado Milkshakes from The Texan New Yorker
- The Ginger Sass Cocktail from Nik Snacks
- Baked Custard Cups from Soni’s Food