Sometimes simple is better, and today I’ve shared this simple and delicious 3 Ingredient – Vanilla Bean Honey Ice Cream.
To begin, measure out 4 cups of half and half.
And measure out 2/3 cup of honey. Place them both in a saucepan.
Next grab 2 whole vanilla beans. With a sharp knife, split them open and scrape out all of that goodness from inside. Put it in the saucepan with the rest.
If you get some fibers from the pods, that is okay. You’ll strain this before finishing the ice cream, so don’t worry.
Bring the contents of the saucepan up to a gentle simmer over medium heat, stirring continually. When the mixture begins to bubble, remove it from the heat. Let it cool for an hour, stirring once in a while.
Pour the mixture into a bowl that has a lid, and refrigerate over night.
The next day, pour the mixture through a sieve into your ice cream maker.
Run your ice cream maker according to its instructions. When it is finished, spread the ice cream in an airtight container and freeze for an hour.
Then scoop out this simple goodness into a dish.
And of course…enjoy!
See how simple that was?
- 4 cups half & half
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2 vanilla beans
- Combine the half & half and honey in a saucepan. With a sharp knife, split open the two vanilla bean pods and scrape out all of the seeds from the inside. Place it in the saucepan.
- Stirring continually, heat the mixture over medium heat until it begins to bubble. Remove it from the heat and let it cool for an hour. Give it a stir once in a while.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl that has a lid, and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, pour the mixture through a sieve into your ice cream maker. Run it according to its instructions.
- Place the ice cream in an airtight container and freeze for one hour.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 188Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 60mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 0gSugar: 23gProtein: 3g
Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and estimated by a service called Nutritionix. That is a web-based nutritional calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. If the nutritional information is vital to you please verify it using your favorite trusted source.