Dainty torchiette pasta with spicy chicken sausage folded together with pesto and peas. This simple pasta dish is light on ingredients, but full on flavor.
To begin, start a pot of salted water for your pasta. While it is heating up, slice 4 spicy chicken sausages into 1/3 inch slices. These were chipotle chicken sausages. Sauté them in a skillet until browned on both sides.
Meanwhile cook your torchiette pasta according to package directions. When they are about half way cooked, toss in a cup and a half of frozen peas. ~ If you can’t find torchiette pasta, look for any dainty little pasta. You will need 3/4 of a pound of it.
When it is finished, scoop out a bit of the pasta water, in case you need it.
Drain the pasta and peas.
With a slotted spoon, scoop the sausages out of the skillet and add them to the drained pasta.
Add in 1/3 cup of basil pesto, and stir it all together. Add a smidge of pasta water if you need it to spread the pesto throughout the pasta.
Sprinkle with shredded parmesan cheese.
- 3/4 lb torchiette, or other dainty pasta
- salted water for cooking pasta
- 1 lb spicy chicken sausages
- 1 1/2 c frozen peas
- 1/3 c basil pesto
- shredded parmesan cheese for topping
- To begin, start your salted water for your pasta. Slice your sausages into 1/4 inch slices.
- Saute them in a skillet until browned. Turn off the heat.
- Meanwhile cook your pasta according to package directions. Half way through the cooking, add in your frozen peas.
- Drain when the pasta is done cooking. With a slotted spoon, scoop the sausages from the skillet and combine with your peas & pasta in a serving bowl. Stir in the basil pesto.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 407 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 73mg Sodium: 618mg Carbohydrates: 36g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 2g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 28g