Dainty torchiette pasta with spicy chicken sausage folded together with pesto and peas. This simple pasta dish is light on ingredients, but full on flavor.
To begin, start a pot of salted water for your pasta. While it is heating up, slice 4 spicy chicken sausages into 1/3 inch slices. These were chipotle chicken sausages. Sauté them in a skillet until browned on both sides.
Meanwhile cook your torchiette pasta according to package directions. When they are about half way cooked, toss in a cup and a half of frozen peas. ~ If you can’t find torchiette pasta, look for any dainty little pasta. You will need 3/4 of a pound of it.
When it is finished, scoop out a bit of the pasta water, in case you need it.
Drain the pasta and peas.
With a slotted spoon, scoop the sausages out of the skillet and add them to the drained pasta.
Add in 1/3 cup of basil pesto, and stir it all together. Add a smidge of pasta water if you need it to spread the pesto throughout the pasta.
Sprinkle with shredded parmesan cheese.
- ¾ lb torchiette, or other dainty pasta
- salted water for cooking pasta
- 1 lb spicy chicken sausages
- 1½ c frozen peas
- ⅓ c basil pesto
- shredded parmesan cheese for topping
- To begin, start your salted water for your pasta. Slice your sausages into ¼ inch slices. ASaute them in a skillet until browned. Turn off the heat. Meanwhile cook your pasta according to package directions. Half way through the cooking, add in your frozen peas. Drain when the pasta is done cooking. With a slotted spoon, scoop the sausages from the skillet and combine with your peas & pasta in a serving bowl. Stir in the basil pesto. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.