Pickling peppers is a great way to preserve peppers to use later on in the year, long after garden season is over.
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
To Pickle Pepperoncini peppers you will need:
- pepperoncini peppers
- garlic cloves
- black peppercorns
- pickling salt
- pint jars with lids
- large pot
- hot water bath or steam canner
- canning tools (ladle, jar lifter, bubble wand)
Article: How to Use a Steam Canner
This recipe can be used to pickle other peppers, including banana peppers, jalapenos and other similar pepper varieties.
These pickled peppers can be used in many ways – chili, soups or even Peppered Beef Sandwiches.
Did you make and enjoy this recipe from Cosmopolitan Cornbread? Please rate it below and leave a comment to share your thoughts!
- 24 cups Pepperoncini peppers (washed and cut into pieces, or split)
- 8 cups water
- 8 cups white vinegar
- 2/3 c pickling salt
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1/2 c black peppercorns
- 8 cloves garlic
- "pickle crisp"
- To begin, combine the water, vinegar, salt and sugar in a large pot. Bring it to a boil, and boil for 1 minute. Reduce the heat to low and keep the liquid hot for canning.
- Fill your jars with sliced or split peppers.
- Place 1/8 teaspoon of pickle crisp in each jar, along with 1 Tb peppercorns and a clove of garlic.
- Ladle the pickling liquid into the jars, allowing for 1/4 inch of head space.
- Use a bubble wand (or chop stick) to remove any air bubbles, pressing the peppers against the sides of the jar. Add additional liquid if needed to bring the liquid back to 1/4 inch of head space.
- Close your jars with lids and rings and place them in the canner.
- Process your jars for 10 minutes.
- Allow the jars to rest for 5 minutes in the canner before transferring to a draft-free location to cool over night, or 12-24 hours.
- Remove the rings, check the seals, label and store your jars of pickled peppers.
Serving Size:1/8 c
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 28Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 616mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g
Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and estimated by a service called Nutritionix. That is a web-based nutritional calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. If the nutritional information is vital to you please verify it using your favorite trusted source.