This Chicken Parmesan is a go-to, easy recipe for any night of the week. It takes minutes to make and is often enjoyed in our kitchen.
You can watch me make this dish in this video!
(In the video, I forgot to add the Italian seasoning when I salt & peppered the chicken. What can I say? #RealLife :) )
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 Tb extra virgin olive oil (or other cooking oil)
- 1 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 6 slices of fresh mozzarella
- 1/3 c grated parmesan cheese
- fresh basil leaves cut into ribbons for garnish (optional)
- To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Butterfly your chicken breasts in half into two fillets, making 6 pieces all together.
- Heat the oil in an oven safe skillet over medium high heat.
- Salt and pepper the chicken fillets and sprinkle them with the Italian seasoning.
- Cook in batches in the skillet until just golden on each side. Work in batches so as to not crowd the chicken. The chicken does not need to be cooked all the way through.
- Set the chicken aside for a moment and turn of the heat,
- Wipe out any excess oil from the skillet.
- Arrange the chicken in a single layer in the bottom of the skillet.
- Pour the marinara sauce all over the top.
- Place a slice of mozarella cheese on each chicken fillet.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese all over the top.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with the fresh basil.
This is great when served with a tossed salad or simple pasta.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 243 Total Fat 12g Saturated Fat 5g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 6g Cholesterol 75mg Sodium 760mg Carbohydrates 6g Fiber 1g Sugar 3g Protein 26g