Even those who claim to hate all coleslaw, find themselves asking me for this recipe.
I serve this coleslaw every time I make my famous Carolina Style BBQ Pulled Pork.
Every time I make this coleslaw for people, they ask me for the recipe.
Though, when I told the hubby that I was posting this, he said, “I don’t know if you should post that one.” I asked why. His response, “You should keep it secret. That stuff is crazy!”
But for all of those that have been requesting this recipe, I am happy to oblige!
- 1 large head of cabbage (or half a head of green, and half a head of purple)
- 3 carrots, shredded
- ¾ c mayonnaise
- ¼ c whole grain Dijon mustard (often called "country style Dijon" - I prefer Grey Poupon)
- ¼ c brown sugar
- 3 Tb apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tb milk
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/16 tsp cayenne pepper
- To begin, shred your cabbage, discarding the hard core and stem. Place the shredded cabbage and carrots in a large bowl.
- In mixing bowl, combine all of the remaining ingredients and whisk until completely combined.
- Pour the slaw sauce over the shredded cabbage and carrots. With a pair of tongs or two wooden spoons, turn the mixture until cabbage and carrots are well coated with the sauce.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Give it a stir a couple times while it is chilling.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 119Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 426mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g
This recipe was shared in Meal Plan Monday