Even those who claim to hate all coleslaw, find themselves asking me for this recipe.
I serve this coleslaw every time I make my famous Carolina Style BBQ Pulled Pork.
Every time I make this coleslaw for people, they ask me for the recipe.
Though, when I told the hubby that I was posting this, he said, “I don’t know if you should post that one.” I asked why. His response, “You should keep it secret. That stuff is crazy!”
But for all of those that have been requesting this recipe, I am happy to oblige!
- 1 large head of cabbage (or half a head of green, and half a head of purple)
- 3 carrots, shredded
- ¾ c mayonnaise
- ¼ c whole grain Dijon mustard (often called "country style Dijon" - I prefer Grey Poupon)
- ¼ c brown sugar
- 3 Tb apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tb milk
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/16 tsp cayenne pepper
- To begin, shred your cabbage, discarding the hard core and stem. Place the shredded cabbage and carrots in a large bowl.
- In mixing bowl, combine all of the remaining ingredients and whisk until completely combined.
- Pour the slaw sauce over the shredded cabbage and carrots. With a pair of tongs or two wooden spoons, turn the mixture until cabbage and carrots are well coated with the sauce.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Give it a stir a couple times while it is chilling.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 119Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 426mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g
Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and estimated by a service called Nutritionix. That is a web-based nutritional calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. If the nutritional information is vital to you please verify it using your favorite trusted source.
This recipe was shared in Meal Plan Monday