Mississippi Mud Slow Cooker Cake is a rich brownie and chocolaty sauce cooked together in your slow cooker. A perfect dessert for your chocolate lovers!
I served this luscious dessert for guests when I had my wonderful Cheese & Tequila tasting event a few weeks ago.
I had a friend who couldn’t wait for this recipe…
Originally I was going to share this recipe here, but because slow cooker (crockpot) recipes are sort of my niche over at Hip Homeschool Moms, I shared it over there.
- 1½ c all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 c sugar
- ¾ c baking cocoa, divided
- ¾ c half & half
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tb extra virgin olive oil
- ⅔ c dark chocolate chips
- ⅔ c chopped pecans
- 2 c very hot water
- 1 c brown sugar (preferably dark brown)
- ½t sp hazelnut extract
- ice cream for serving
- In your mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and baking cocoa. Give these a stir to combine.
- In your measuring cup, combine the half & half, vanilla and extra virgin olive oil. Pour this into the flour mixture. Mix well.
- Add in the chocolate chips and chopped pecans. Stir to combine.
- Spread this dough in the bottom of a 6 quart slow cooker (crockpot) that has been lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine 2 cups of very hot water with a tablespoon of instant espresso powder. (or 2 Tb instant coffee) Stir until it is dissolved.
- To this, add in the ¼ c baking cocoa, the brown sugar and the hazelnut extract. Stir these together until the brown sugar is dissolved.
- Pour this rich goodness all over the top of the dough in your slow cooker.
- Cover it with a double layer of paper towels, and then place your lid over the top. Cook on high for 2 hours.
- Let it sit for 20 minutes and then serve with a scoop of ice cream.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 446Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 221mgCarbohydrates: 68gFiber: 3gSugar: 47gProtein: 6g
This data was estimated and provided by Nutritionix. Accuracy not guaranteed.