Moist Paleo Banana Bread topped with crunchy nuts and seeds.
Just look at those gorgeous pumpkin seeds on top there.
You know you’re craving a slice of this bread now!
Paleo Banana Bread
Moist banana bread topped with crunchy nuts & seeds.
- 1/2 c coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch fine sea salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 c almond butter
- 1/4 c coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 c raw honey, or Swerve sugar replacement
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 c mashed very ripe banana, about 4 medium
- 2/3 c chopped walnuts
- 2 Tb roasted, shelled pumpkin seeds
- To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Well grease a loaf pan or use a silicon loaf baking pan. Set it aside for now.
- In a bowl. combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set that side for a moment.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs.
- Stir in the almond butter, coconut oil, honey and vanilla.
- NOTE: Make sure you measure the bananas. Exact measurements are very important when baking breads. The estimate of 4 bananas is simply that. You will need 2 1/2 cups of banana mash.
- Stir the banana mash into the egg mixture.
- Add in the dry mixture and mix until just combined.
- Scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula to make sure everything is mixed in.
- Stir in half of the chopped walnuts.
- Pour the batter into your prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining chopped walnuts and the pumpkin seeds on top.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes or until the banana bread tests done in the center with a wooden pick.
- Carefully remove the loaf to a rack to cool.
- Enjoy warm or room temperature.
- In the second half of the baking time, monitor the color of the banana bread. If it starts getting too dark, tent it with some foil to keep it from browning further.
- Store uneaten banana bread in the refrigerator, wrapped in plastic or in an airtight container.
Serving: 1cCalories: 377kcalCarbohydrates: 22gProtein: 10gFat: 30gSaturated Fat: 11gPolyunsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 275mgFiber: 4gSugar: 14g
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.
Did You Try This?I'd Love For You to Share it on Instagram and tag me! @CosmopolitanCornbread
Looking for a traditional, non-paleo banana bread recipe? Get the recipe below. By the way, if you love the nut & seed topping that you see on this version, you can add that to the traditional banana bread too!
This recipe was shared in Meal Plan Monday.