Picnic season is just around the corner, and what better way to get ready for it, than this simple chicken salad recipe.
Curry Chicken Salad is a flavorful mixture than you can take along in your cooler and serve on sandwich rolls, in tortilla wraps, or even in a lettuce leaf wrap. The versatility of this recipe is perfect for a picnic on the go, or as a quick lunch you can pull from the fridge on a busy day.
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp parsley
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ c lemon juice
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 Tb honey
- 1 Tb water
- pinch of salt
- 1 sweet red apple
- 1 stalk celery
- ½ c raisins
- rolls, wraps or lettuce leaves for serving
- To begin, you’ll need some cooked chicken. We want to give this chicken some flavor before it even goes into the salad.
- In a small dish, combine the thyme, black pepper, sea salt and parsley.
- Place the chicken breasts in a zip-lock bag. Add in the seasoning along with the lemon juice. Seal the bag closed. “Squish” the contents of the bag around to coat all of the chicken with the lemon juice and seasonings. Refrigerate this for an hour.
- To cook the chicken you can broil or grill it. Cook it for 6-7 minutes on each side, or until it is cooked through. Allow it to cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, curry powder, honey and pinch of salt. Set this aside for the moment.
- Dice the chicken into ¾ inch pieces, or shred it with two forks. Dice a sweet apple, and a stalk of celery.
- Combine the chicken, apple, celery and a half cup of raisins in a mixing bowl.
- Add the dressing to the mixture and stir it all together.
- Store this covered in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve it.
- Enjoy as you wish!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 316Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 455mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 3gSugar: 14gProtein: 15g
This data was estimated and provided by Nutritionix. Accuracy not guaranteed.
This recipe was originally shared over at Hip Homeschool Moms.