This Italian Chicken Pasta Salad with grilled chicken and zesty Italian dressing has great flavor and is easy to make on a hot summer day!
I have been making this simple pasta salad for my family for years. Make it ahead and stick it in the fridge when you have a busy day. It will be chilled and waiting for you when you come home famished!
- 1 lb rotini or ruffled pasta
- 1 lb thin cut, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ c + ⅔ c Italian salad dressing, divided
- 2 carrots, trimmed & shredded
- ½ c shredded Parmesan cheese
- To begin, start a pot of water to cook a pound of rotini or ruffled pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, brush the chicken on both sides with ¼ cup of your favorite Italian salad dressing. Pop them onto a hot grill, and cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until they are cooked through.
- When the chicken is done cooking, set it on your cutting board to cool while the pasta cooks.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- When the pasta is done cooking, drain the pasta in a colander, then run cold water over the pasta to cool it quickly. I stir it while I do this, to get the pasta cooled all the way through. Drain it well and place the pasta in a mixing bowl. Add the shredded carrots to the pasta. Add in the chicken, along with the remaining ⅔ c Italian salad dressing and the shredded Parmesan cheese. Give it all a stir.
- Serve it now, or refrigerate to chill it all the way through and serve later.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 373 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 69mg Sodium: 440mg Carbohydrates: 34g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 4g Protein: 32g
I also shared this recipe today over at Hip Homeschool Moms.