I have to tell you, that a good Reuben sandwich is pretty much my favorite sandwich ever. And because making sandwiches in your panini maker is so simple, these Reuben Paninis are sure to be your new favorites as well.
I mean, how can you go wrong with tangy sauerkraut, flavorful corned beef and melty Swiss cheese? That’s right, you can’t!
This Reuben sandwich is truly a masterpiece.
- 1/2 c olive oil mayonnaise
- 2 Tb ketchup
- 2 Tb dill pickle relish
- 2 Tb fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tb Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 lb corned beef, use a good quality deli meat
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 cup sauerkraut, drained
- room temperature butter
- 8 slices rye or rye/pumpernickel bread
- To begin, combine the mayonnaise, ketchup, pickle relish, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper together in a bowl.
- Stir these together until combined, and set aside for a moment.
- Lightly butter each slice of bread on one side. (The buttered side is the outside of the sandwich.)
- Smear a good layer of dressing on one slice of bread on the inside.
- Layer on a slice of Swiss cheese, 1/4 of the corned beef, 1/4 of the sauerkraut and another slice of Swiss cheese.
- Top with the second slice of bread, again, butter side out.
- Repeat with all of the three remaining sandwiches.
- Cook these in your hot panini press until golden and crispy on the outside, and the cheese is melted and meat is hot.
- Enjoy these crazy-good sandwiches!
Serving: 1cCalories: 790kcalCarbohydrates: 31gProtein: 41gFat: 55gSaturated Fat: 21gPolyunsaturated Fat: 28gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 181mgSodium: 2538mgFiber: 4gSugar: 5g
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.
Did You Try This?I'd Love For You to Share it on Instagram and tag me! @CosmopolitanCornbread
5 thoughts on “How to Make Reuben Paninis”
Yum!! yes this looks so delicious. I think I know what I am making for lunch tomorrow! :P
Oh my husband loves Reuben sandwiches. He always orders them when we go out to eat because I never make them. Now I have no excuse! Looks delicious!
These look delicious, but since I don’t like corn beef I used thin sliced Deli turkey instead and they also are delicious…..guess it’s still not called Reuben, but it’s my kind of Reuben lol…..love the sauerkraut and cheese on the sandwich…..
I love anything with corned beef. I could seriously eat my weight in it… These look droolworthy!
I haven’t had a Reuben in SO long! Yours looks perfect—I think it’s time to hit the deli for some corned beef!