With this quick and easy Sausage & Bean Soup, supper’s on the table in under thirty minutes!
This soup starts with the unusual ingredient of bulk breakfast sausage. You can use mild or hot, whichever you prefer.
Add in some diced tomatoes and some great seasoning like rosemary and hot paprika.
You really can’t get any easier with this recipe. The soup is rich and full of flavor but is ready in mere minutes!
Serve this with some of my Skillet Cheddar Biscuits!
Sausage and Bean Soup
- 1 lb bulk breakfast sausage, hot or mild, whichever you prefer
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 15 oz. diced tomatoes
- 30 oz. tri-colored kidney beans
- 1/2 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon rosemary leaves, fresh is preferred
- 2 c chicken broth
- 1 c fresh or frozen spinach
- Parmesan cheese for topping
- To begin, sauté the sausage, onion and garlic together, breaking up the sausage as it cooks. Cook this until the onion and garlic are tender and the sausage is browned, about 5 minutes.
- Drain off any excess grease.
- Add in the diced tomatoes, cook 5 minutes.
- Add in the kidney beans, seasonings and broth. Stir these together, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Serve topped with a sprinkle of shredded Parmesan cheese.
Nutritional information is auto-generated and the accuracy is not guaranteed.