Welcome to Sunday Supper! This week we have a special guest joining us at the table… Katie Workman!
I will be sharing with you, her Simple Vanilla Cake recipe, that you can find in her newly published, The Mom 100 Cookbook. A cookbook, that by the way, you could win a copy of!
And as though this couldn’t get any better…..you can chat the Katie Workman and all of the Sunday Supper group (including me) in a live Twitter event, Sunday June 24th at 5:30 EST (1:30 Alaska Time) AND you will have more chances to win cookbooks during the chat event!
Phew! See what I mean? So much going on this Sunday!
To begin, I preheated the oven to 350 degrees.
Now I was making this recipe to take to a Potluck Party…and what better portable dessert can you make, than cupcakes? So…I lined 2 standard muffin pans with liners.
In a bowl, combine 3 cups of Cake Flour, a tablespoon of Baking Powder…
and a half teaspoon of Salt (the recipe calls for Kosher..I used sea salt)
Give it a stir and set it aside.
In your mixing bowl, combine 2 sticks (1 cup) room temperature butter, and 2 1/4 cup Sugar
Beat it until nice and fluffy, about 3 minutes – and be sure to scrape the bowl to ensure everything mixes in.
To this, mix in 5 room temperature eggs, one at a time.
Then mix in 2 teaspoons of Vanilla
Add in half of the flour mixture, and mix it in.
Next, add in 1 cup of whole milk
Then mix in the remaining flour mixture, until it is almost all the way mixed.
Stir it by hand to finish it up, so you don’t over-mix the batter.
Next, I scooped the batter into my tins.
When I did this, it actually made 2 1/2 dozen cupcakes, so I pulled out my old muffin tin from my grandmother, and put it to good use.
Bake for 22-24 minutes, or until they test done with the “toothpick test.” After letting them cool a bit in the pan, I carefully removed them to a cooling rack, where I let them cool completely.
I piled on some of my Chocolate Mascarpone Frosting.
Then I placed these bad boys in my carriers.
And headed out to the party!
- 3 c Cake Flour
- 1 Tb Baking Powder
- 1 /2 tsp Salt
- 2 sticks (1 c) room temperature Butter
- 2¼ c Sugar
- 5 Eggs, room temp.
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 c Whole Milk
- To begin, I preheated the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 standard muffin pans with liners. In a bowl, combine Cake Flour, Baking Powder and Salt. Give it a stir and set it aside. In your mixing bowl, butter, and sugar. Beat it until nice and fluffy, about 3 minutes – and be sure to scrape the bowl to ensure everything mixes in.
- To this, mix in the eggs, one at a time. Then mix in Vanilla. Add in half of the flour mixture, and mix it in. Next, add in the whole milk Then mix in the remaining flour mixture, until it is almost all the way mixed. Stir it by hand to finish it up, so you don’t over-mix the batter. Scoop the batter into the tins. (When I made these, it actually made 2½ dozen cupcakes) Bake for 22-24 minutes, or until they test done with the "toothpick test." Let them cool a bit in the pan, and carefully removed them to a cooling rack, where they can them cool completely.
- Frost or top as desired!
You can enjoy this and many more of Katie’s recipes in her new cookbook!
Here are many more recipes being shared by the wonderful Sunday Supper group!
Soups and Salads:
- Japanese Restaurant Salad ~ Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cauliflower and Cheddar Soup served in Bread Bowls ~ Daily Dish Recipes
- Main Dish Recipes:
- Caribbean Warm Spice Chicken with Cinnamon Ginger & Paprika ~ Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Fresh Mozzarella Pasta Casserole ~ The Meltaways
- Pulled Pork ~ Momma’s Meals
- Easy Chicken Enchiladas ~ In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Teriyaki Skewers ~ Messy Baker Blog
- Garlic, Lemon, and Rosemary Roasted Chicken ~ Family Foodie
- Sauteed Corn Spinach, Bacon and Scallions ~ Comfy Cuisine
- Lasagna with Turkey Meat Sauce~ Meal Planning Magic
- One Pot Arroz con Pollo ~ Juanita’s Cocina
- Sesame Noodles ~ Big Bear’s Wife
- Honey Ginger Soy Chicken ~ The Weekend Gourmet
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares ~Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Bacon & Dried Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies ~ Chocolate Moosey
- Birthday Chocolate Cupcakes ~ Basic and Delicious
- Aaron E’s Favorite Apple Coffee Cake ~ Soni’s Food for Thought
- That Skinny Chick Can Bake ~ Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
Connect with Katie Workman, Author of The Mom 100 Cookbook:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/katieworkman100
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/katieworkman100
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/katieworkman100
- Website: www.themom100.com