Moist and decadent sour cream coffee cake with a tangy ribbon of cheese cream filling.
You know what I really love about coffee cakes? There’s no frosting or glaze needed, they are already perfect.
To Make This Cake You Will Need:
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- unsalted butter
- sour cream
- cream cheese
- powdered sugar
- lemon juice
- mixing bowls
- spring form cake pan
- parchment paper
Watch the tutorial of this recipe below:
Mentioned in this video: How to Make a Baking Spray Replacement
Just look at that gorgeous filling in there!
Did You Make This Recipe? I would love for you to rate it in the recipe card! I would love to hear your thoughts!
For the Cake:
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 c sour cream
For the Filling:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 c powdered sugar
- 3 Tb lemon juice
For the Topping:
- 2 Tb sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 c pecans, very finely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom of a spring form cake pan with parchment paper. Spray the pan & paper with cooking spray, or grease & flour it. Set it aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set it aside.
- In your mixing bowl beat together the butter and sugar until creamy and smooth. Mix in the eggs and beat until airy.
- Mix in the vanilla.
- Add in half of the flour mixture, and mix well.
- Add in the sour cream, and mix in.
- Add the remaining flour mixture and again, mix well. Set this aside for now.
- In another bowl, beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
- Spread half of the cake batter in the bottom of the pan.
- Spread the filling over the cake batter.
- Spoon the remaining half of the cake batter over the filling, then gently spread it smooth.
- In a little bowl, combine the sugar, the cinnamon and pecans for the topping.
- Sprinkle these over the top of the cake.
- Bake the cake for 45-48 minutes or until the cake tests done with a toothpick in the center.
- Place the can on a cooling rack and allow it to cool for 10 minutes in the pan.
- Run a knife around the edge. Remove the side of the pan, and cool the cake completely.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 435Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 116mgSodium: 272mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 1gSugar: 27gProtein: 7g
Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and estimated by a service called Nutritionix. That is a web-based nutritional calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. If the nutritional information is vital to you please verify it using your favorite trusted source.
This recipe was shared in Meal Plan Monday.