Moist and decadent sour cream coffee cake with a tangy ribbon of cheese cream filling.
You know what I really love about coffee cakes? There’s no frosting or glaze needed, they are already perfect.
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
To Make This Cake You Will Need:
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- unsalted butter
- sour cream
- cream cheese
- powdered sugar
- lemon juice
- mixing bowls
- spring form cake pan
- parchment paper
Watch the tutorial of this recipe below:
Mentioned in this video: How to Make a Baking Spray Replacement
Just look at that gorgeous filling in there!
Did You Make This Recipe? I would love for you to rate it in the recipe card, and I’d love to hear your thoughts!
For the Cake:
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 c sour cream
For the Filling:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 c powdered sugar
- 3 Tb lemon juice
For the Topping:
- 2 Tb sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 c pecans, very finely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom of a spring form cake pan with parchment paper. Spray the pan & paper with cooking spray, or grease & flour it. Set it aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set it aside.
- In your mixing bowl beat together the butter and sugar until creamy and smooth. Mix in the eggs and beat until airy.
- Mix in the vanilla.
- Add in half of the flour mixture, and mix well.
- Add in the sour cream, and mix in.
- Add the remaining flour mixture and again, mix well. Set this aside for now.
- In another bowl, beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
- Spread half of the cake batter in the bottom of the pan.
- Spread the filling over the cake batter.
- Spoon the remaining half of the cake batter over the filling, then gently spread it smooth.
- In a little bowl, combine the sugar, the cinnamon and pecans for the topping.
- Sprinkle these over the top of the cake.
- Bake the cake for 45-48 minutes or until the cake tests done with a toothpick in the center.
- Place the can on a cooling rack and allow it to cool for 10 minutes in the pan.
- Run a knife around the edge. Remove the side of the pan, and cool the cake completely.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 435Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 116mgSodium: 272mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 1gSugar: 27gProtein: 7g
Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and estimated by a service called Nutritionix. That is a web-based nutritional calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. If the nutritional information is vital to you please verify it using your favorite trusted source.