A quick and easy one skillet supper.
Spanish Rice was a dish I grew up eating, and this is similar to the one my mom made, with my own twist of course.
- 1 lb lean ground beef (or bison)
- 1 c diced onion
- ½ c diced green bell pepper
- 2 c beef broth
- 1 c tomato sauce
- 1 Tb chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 c frozen whole kernel corn
- ¾ c uncooked long grain rice
- To begin, saute the ground beef, onion and pepper together until the meat is browned and no longer pink. Break up the meat with your cooking utensil as it cooks.
- Add in the beef broth, tomato sauce, chili powder and garlic powder. Stir this together and bring it to a gentle boil.
- Add in the corn and rice. Cover and cook on low heat for 20 minutes or until the rice is cooked through.