Tequila Chicken Salad is a healthy and delicious way to get your greens.
With fresh orange, zesty lime and creamy avocado, you will want to make this recipe again and again.
- 3 limes
- ½ c tequila
- ½ c cold water
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- ¾ tsp salt, divided
- ½ tsp black pepper, divided
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins (chicken breast strips)
- 3 oranges
- ¼ c extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tb honey
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 heads romaine lettuce, torn or shredded
- 2 ripe avocados
- To begin, juice one of the limes into a small mixing bowl. Add in the tequila, water, grated garlic, ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper. Whisk these together.
- Place the chicken in a quart sized zip-lock bag. Pour the marinade into the bag. Carefully remove as much air as possible and close. Marinate this in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, place a sieve over a mixing bowl. Peel the oranges and cut the flesh into ¾ inch pieces, placing them into the sieve as you go. The excess juice from the oranges will drain down into the bowl.
- When no more juice drains, set the oranges aside.
- To the orange juice, add the extra virgin olive oil, honey, cayenne pepper, and the remaining ¼ tsp salt and ¼ tsp black pepper.
- With a microplaner, zest one of the remaining limes, giving you a teaspoon of fine lime zest. Add that to the mixture in the bowl. Juice the two limes, and add the juice as well.
- Whisk everything together and set it aside for now.
- Heat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the chicken strips on a baking sheet, allowing the excess marinade to drip back into the bag.
- Bake the chicken for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Cut the chicken cross-ways into ½ inch slices.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce and orange chunks.
- Give the dressing a quick whisking and pour over the salad. Toss to coat.
- Halve, pit and slice the avocados.
- To serve, place some of the salad mixture on your dinner plate. Top with the chicken and garnish with avocado slices.
- Get Your Greens Smoothie by Hardly A Goddess
- Green Breakfast Omelet Bites by Momma’s Meals
- Green Eggs and Ham by Feeding Big
- Green Scrambled Eggs with Ham by Cricket’s Confections
- Kuku Sabzi – Persian Herb Frittata by Caroline’s Cooking
- Matcha Overnight Oats by Brunch-n-Bites
- Southwest Breakfast Spinach Wrap by The Freshman Cook
- Super Green Smoothie by Simple and Savory
Must Make Main Dishes
- Chicken Paillard Arugula Truffle Salad by Family Foodie
- Gambian Spinach with Peanut Sauce by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Grilled Lettuce and Steak Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Pan Roasted Cod on Spinach Basil Risotto with Lemon Butter Sauce by Positively Stacey
- Poached Cod with Pesto Wine Sauce by Life Tastes Good
- Skinny Reuben Wraps with Homemade 1000 Island Dressing by For the Love of Food
- Brussels Sprout and Kale Salad by Pies and Plots
- Green Goddess Bibb Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Pixie Dust Salad with Avocados, Pixie Tangerines and Radishes by Shockingly Delicious
- Quinoa Tabbouleh by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sesame Wedge Salad with Key Lime Vinaigrette & Pickled Green Tomatoes by Gourmet Everyday
- Shades of Green Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Zucchini Carpaccio Salad by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Colcannon by Wholistic Woman
- Green Goddess Dip by From the Bookshelf
- Grilled Cabbage with Spicy Lime Dressing by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Irish Cabbage by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Miso Roasted Broccoli by Life Currents
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts by Books n’ Cooks
- Soy Glazed Sugar Snap Peas by Food Lust People Love
- Spinach Tots by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Warm Brussels Sprout Slaw by Jersey Girl Cooks
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.