Good old-fashioned berry cobbler is one of the best desserts out there.
I absolutely love cobbler. When we lived in North Carolina, I had a secret blackberry picking spot, and every summer would pick gallons upon gallons of blackberries. Many I would preserve, and many I would freeze for enjoying all through the year. Blackberry cobbler was a favorite treat to make any time of year. Up here in Alaska, I don’t have a secret source of blackberries, but you can make this cobbler with any kind of berries – whether it is a fresh berry in season, or something from the freezer. Raspberries, blueberries – or even a combination is great.
How to Make Berry Cobbler
To begin, preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
Grease or spray with non-stick cooking spray, a 9×9 baking dish (or comparable size) and set it aside.
In a small bowl, toss a cup of berries with 2 tablespoons of sugar. I am using frozen red raspberries here. Set them aside.
In a mixing bowl, stir together 1 cup flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt and 3 Tablespoons of sugar.
Whisk in 1/2 c (1 stick) of melted butter, and 1 cup of milk.
Whisk it smooth.
Pour the batter into your prepared baking dish. then spoon the berries all over the top..
Bake this for 45-55 minutes or until the cobbler is golden brown. Serve it warm with ice cream.
You May Also Like:
- 1 c berries (fresh or frozen)
- 5 Tb sugar, divided
- 1 c flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c butter, melted
- 1 c milk
- Ice Cream for serving
- To begin, preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Grease or spray with non-stick cooking spray, a 9×9 baking dish. Set aside.
- In a small dish, toss the berries with 2 tablespoons of the sugar. Set those aside for now.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, and remaining 3 Tb of sugar. Whisk in the melted butter and milk until smooth.
- Pour the batter into your prepared baking dish. Spoon the sugared berries over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until the cobbler is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 330Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 518mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 2gSugar: 17gProtein: 5g
Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and estimated by a service called Nutritionix. That is a web-based nutritional calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. If the nutritional information is vital to you please verify it using your favorite trusted source.