To begin, in a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons each of whole grain Dijon mustard and honey.
Add in 1/4 cup of apple sider vinegar
Whisk these together.
Slowly drizzle 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil while whisking briskly.
Add in a pinch or 2 of salt & pepper.
Set that side for a moment and then peel I trim 8-10 carrots.
Shred the carrots, either by hand or in a food processor.
Place the shredded carrots in a large bowl and pour in the dressing.
Add in a half cup of raisins, and stir it all to combine. Allow this to chill in your fridge for a couple ours or over night, and serve.
- 8-10 carrots, trimmed, peeled and shredded
- 2 Tb grainy Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tb honey
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste (about 1/2 tsp each)
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional, can omit for paleo)
- In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, honey and vinegar.
- Slowly drizzle the olive oil into the mixture while whisking.
- Add some salt & pepper, to taste.
- In a mixing bowl, place carrots and raisins.
- Pour dressing over them both, and stir to coat.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 251 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 15g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 231mg Carbohydrates: 23g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 16g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 1g