This paleo chicken skillet is loaded with flavors you will love, including bacon, sweet potato, apple and more!
I think everyone loves a good “one pot” meal. The fact that this one contains so many goodies and is fairly quick to make is an awesome bonus. I mean just look at the gorgeousness in that skillet right there!
Now before you go anywhere, be sure to check out my Brussels sprouts side dish. This is another one of those “You only thought you didn’t like Brussels sprouts, and that’s because you hadn’t tried this!” recipes. Brussels sprouts roasted in the oven with bacon?
If you don’t like these, you need to check your pulse!
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium sized onion, diced
- large boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inc pieces
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 c Brussels sprouts, washed, trimmed and cut into quarters
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and cut into 1/2 inch pieces. I do not peel them, but you can if you prefer
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves, or 1/2 tsp dry thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 c chicken broth
- To begin, saute the bacon and onion together in a large skillet over medium low heat, until the bacon is golden and the onions are tender. Using a slotted spoon, scoop those to a plate lined with paper towels. Set it aside for now.
- You want about 2 tablespoons of the bacon drippings in the skillet. Remove any excess.
- Sprinkle the diced chicken with the salt and pepper.
- In the same skillet, cook the chicken in the bacon drippings over medium heat until opaque.
- Add in the Brussels sprouts and sweet potato. Give them a stir and cook for about 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in the apples, garlic, thyme, cinnamon and chicken broth. Bring this all to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the sweet potatoes are fork tender.
- Stir in the bacon and onions.
This recipe was shared in Meal Plan Monday.