This is simply the best Cranberry Apple Cobbler recipe you will ever make. It is tangy, sweet, simple and utterly delicious!
This dessert is just heaven in a bowl. It has the tartness of the cranberry with the sweetness of the apple, is everything you would imagine it to be.
I add several new posts every week – Sign Up for the Free Newsletter and Never Miss a Thing!
To Make This Cranberry Apple Cobbler, You Will Need:
- orange juice
- granulated sugar
- apple sauce
- unbleached, all-purpose flour
- brown sugar
- baking powder
- vanilla extract
- vanilla ice cream (for serving)
- mixing bowls
- pastry blender
- baking dish (see instructions in recipe)
To begin, cranberries, orange juice and sugar are simmered together for just a few minutes. Just long enough for the cranberries to pop and soften.
Then apple sauce and raisins are added in.
The topping is then mixed together and spooned on top, and it is all baked to perfection.
Watch Me Make the Cranberry Apple Cobbler here:
Isn’t this just screaming for a scoop of vanilla ice cream?
I am very happy to oblige.
If you love cranberries, which I do… and you love apples, which I really do…You will absolutely love this dessert.
Love Apple Recipes? Click Here to find all of the Apple Recipes on Cosmopolitan Cornbread
Did you make and enjoy this recipe from Cosmopolitan Cornbread? Please rate it below and leave a comment to share your thoughts!
- 3 c fresh cranberries
- 2 c orange juice
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1/3 c raisins
- 1/3 c plain, unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 apples (any variety of firm apple) peeled, cored and diced
- 1 1/3 c all-purpose (unbleached) flour
- 1/3 c brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 5 Tb cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/3 c + 1 Tb milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- vanilla ice cream for serving
- To begin, preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat the inside of a baking dish with butter. The dish should be about 8x12 inches, or an equivalent size. I use a 12" cast iron skillet. Set it aside for now.
- Combine the cranberries, orange juice and sugar in a sauce pan. Bring them to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for about 2 minutes, or until the cranberries begin to pop and soften.
- Add in the apples, apple sauce and raisins, stir together for just a minute, then remove them from the heat.
- In your mixing bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Whisk those together.
- Add the cold butter. Use a pastry blender to cut in the butter, until there are no pieces of butter that are larger than a pea.
- Combine the milk, and egg in a small dish. Whisk them together until they are smooth. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients, and stir them together until they are just combined.
- Spread the fruit filling in your prepared baking dish.
- Scoop the batter onto the top of the fruit, forming 7 or 8 little mounds of the cobbler topping, like floating biscuits.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- When you take the cobbler from the oven, allow it to rest for about 5 minutes before serving it with some vanilla ice cream.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 251Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 321mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 2gSugar: 34gProtein: 2g
Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and estimated by a service called Nutritionix. That is a web-based nutritional calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. If the nutritional information is vital to you please verify it using your favorite trusted source.