Delicious Sesame Chicken is a great afternoon crockpot recipe. Get it started when you take a break for lunch, and then finish off with a couple final steps. Dinner is done!
Crockpot Sesame Chicken
Easy Sesame Chicken you can make in your slow cooker.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 4 hours 15 minutes
Total Time 4 hours 25 minutes
- 1 ½ lb boneless, skinless chicken
- 1 ½ Tb sesame oil
- ¼ c soy sauce
- ¼ c orange juice
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp fresh grated garlic
- ¼ c brown sugar
- 2 Tb hoisin sauce
- Cooked rice for serving (about 3 cups)
- 1 c frozen peas or 2 c frozen broccoli
- ¼ c water
- 1 ½ Tb corn starch
- ½ c chicken broth
- 1 Tb sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 green onions, sliced
- To begin, cut the chicken breasts into large chunks – about an inch and a half.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat the sesame oil over medium high heat.
- Add in the chicken and cook until it is just opaque, turning a couple times.
- Spray the inside of your crockpot with cooking spray.
- Place the chicken in your crockpot.
- While the chicken is cooking, in a cup combine the soy sauce, orange juice, ginger, garlic, brown sugar and hoisin sauce. Whisk those all together.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and stir to coat. Cook on low for 4 hours.
- After about 3 1/2 hours, start some rice to serve this with. In the last 15 minutes of cooking, add in either a cup of frozen peas or 2 cups of frozen broccoli florets. Whichever you have handy.
- After it has finished cooking, strain the liquid into a saucepan, and turn the heat on medium. Keep the chicken and vegetables in the crockpot.
- In a small dish or cup, whisk together the water and cornstarch. Pour the cornstarch mixture into the saucepan, along with the chicken broth.
- Bring it to a boil, stirring continually.
- Pour the thickened sauce back into the crockpot over the chicken and veggies. If you don’t have toasted sesame seeds, simply put a tablespoon of them in a dry skillet and cook over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes, or until barely golden and fragrant.
- Serve over your cooked rice, topped with toasted sesame seeds and sliced green onion.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 387Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 101mgSodium: 875mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 4gSugar: 12gProtein: 38g
Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and estimated by a service called Nutritionix. That is a web-based nutritional calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. If the nutritional information is vital to you please verify it using your favorite trusted source.